I’m always looking for a healthier alternative to sugar loaded recipes! After much research I came up with this yummy recipe using VitaFiber syrup and very little sugar. It’s loaded with dietary fiber instead of sugar! Be sure to get your hands on this yummy fiber goodness here.
Yield: 4-6 servings
- ½ cup VitaFiber syrup
- ¼ cup Xylitol (can use any granulated sugar)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- 4 Chicken breasts (appx. 6oz each), tenderized and cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-½ bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple, chunks
- In a small saucepan over high heat whisk all sauce ingredients except the arrowroot powder and water and bring to a boil.
- Whisk together arrowroot powder and cold water and add to the sauce ingredients, reduce heat and let thicken (should take about 1-2 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pound chicken with mallet and cut into chunks, season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat, add chicken and cook for about 5-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Add the bell pepper, onion and pineapple cooking until just tender.
- Add sauce ingredients to chicken and stir until combined. Serve with rice.
Got my thinking cap on for these beauties! @pbeechie on Instagram is running a recipe contest for her ebook reserving one space for one of her lovely followers recipes as long as it fits the sweet, healthy and under 300 calorie theme … these fit that theme perfectly! Really hoping I get that spot #30under300
So moist and guilt free!
Here is the recipe:
Sweet Potato Brownies with Protein Frosting
•1 Cup sweet potato or yam, cooked and pureed
•1 ripe avocado
•½ Cup unsweetened applesauce
•2 Whole eggs
•1 tsp pure vanilla extract
•¼ Cup Xylitol
•½ Cup oat flour
•½ Cup raw cacao powder
•1 Tbsp baking powder
•¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
•½ Cup walnut pieces
•¾ Cup plain 0% greek yogurt
•¼ Cup natural peanut butter
•2 Tbsp raw honey
•¼ Cup raw cacao powder
•¾ Cup chocolate whey protein powder (I used @KaizenNaturals)
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line 8×8 dish with parchment paper and set aside. In food processor combine sweet potato puree, avocado, applesauce, eggs, vanilla and xylitol. Process until smooth and creamy. In separate large bowl combine oat flour, cacao powder, baking powder and salt. Mix until all well incorporated. Add sweet potato ingredients to dry ingredients and fold together until well incorporated, fold in walnut pieces. Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for approximately 25-28 minutes or until toothpick comes clean. Remove from oven and let cool for couple hours. Prepare frosting by combining all ingredients in food processor until nice and creamy, spread over cooled brownies and refrigerate for hour before slicing. Slice into 12 squares and enjoy!
Macros per serving (serves 12):
Calories: 226 | Carb: 21g | Fat: 11g | Protein: 13g
They couldn’t have turned out any better!
See how long the last in this house…