Since it’s October I’ve got pumpkin on my mind! These little bites are delicious and taste just like pumpkin pie cookie dough 🎃
Pumpkin Cookie Dough Balls
•½ cup pure pumpkin puree
•¼ cup coconut oil, melted
•⅓ cup maple syrup
•¾ cup Coconut flour
•½ cup LeanFit vanilla whey isolate
•1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
•¼ tsp salt
•¼ cup chocolate chips
Whisk together wet ingredients in small bowl and set aside (make sure
pumpkin and maple syrup are at room temperature when you add the coconut oil to prevent it from clumping). Combine all dry ingredients except for chocolate chips in medium size bowl, add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold together until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips and place batter in fridge for 20 minutes to harden. Using small cookie scoop or tablespoon portion balls onto parchment lined dish. Store in fridge.
Yield 28-30 small balls.
It’s officially blackberry season and I have some growing right outside my front door. They grow like weeds around here, but I’m not complaining! These crumble bars are the perfect healthy treat, not too sweet and the blackberries give it a nice tart kick. Hope you enjoy!
Blackberry Crumble Bars
•¼ Cup coconut flour
•½ cup oat flour
•½ cup large flake oats + 2Tbsp for topping
•2 scoops LeanFit Organic CompleteGreen protein powder
•¼ cup coconut sugar
•1 tsp cinnamon
•½ tsp baking powder
•½ cup Greek yogurt
•2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
•1 tsp pure vanilla extract
•2 cups blackberries
•1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
•1 Tbsp coconut sugar
Line 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350ºF. In
large bowl combine all dry ingredients and set aside. In medium bowl whisk together wet ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and fold together with spatula until all ingredients are incorporated and you have a dough like consistency. Reserve ½ cup of this dough for crumble topping. Press remaining dough down into parchment lined dish. In another bowl toss together the filling ingredients and pour evenly over pressed down dough, crumble reserved ½ cup of dough over top of berries and sprinkle with 1-2 Tbsp of oats, press down gently. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes. Let cool completely and slice into 12 bars. Store in fridge for up to 5 days.
Macros (Yield 12):
Calories: 104 | Protein: 7g | Carb: 16g (Fiber 3g/Sugar 7g) | Fat: 2g
At just 99 calories per muffin, these chocolaty muffins are the perfect healthy snack!
And you’ll love that they are high in protein and fiber using LeanFit Naturals Protein and VitaFiber IMO. They are also packed with antioxidants. Check below for the recipe 👇🏽
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PROTEIN MUFFINS
Yield 12-14 muffins
•1 cup Gluten Free Only Oats Oat Flour
•2 scoops LeanFit Chocolate whey naturals
•1/3 cup cacao powder
•¼ tsp salt
•½ tsp cinnamon
•1 tsp baking powder
•½ cup VitaFiber syrup *see below for subs
•½ cup 2% Greek yogurt
•1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
•1 tsp pure vanilla extract
•¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
•1/3 cup Lily’s Sugar Free dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line or grease 12 muffin tin.
2. Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Beat eggs, syrup, Greek yogurt, applesauce, vanilla and almond milk in separate bowl.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and fold everything together. Be careful not to over stir the batter (If to dry add 1-2 tablespoons of milk if needed).
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Evenly divide the batter among muffin tin (I got 14 muffins). If desired, add chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
7. Bake between 15 to 20 minutes, or until you can pierce the muffin with a
toothpick and it comes out clean.
8. Let cool on wire rack.
Calories: 99 | Fat: 3g | Carb: 12g (Fiber 4.1g / Sugar 1.2g) | Protein 7g
*Can substitute maple syrup, honey or any sticky sweetener in place. A granulated sugar could be used but you may need more liquid, adjust accordingly.
With back to school on the horizon LeanFit asked me to create a yummy snack that is completely nut free, under 8 ingredients and refined sugar free; challenge accepted! These are the perfect little snacks for you to pack for your children’s lunches and of course for yourself. With very minimal ingredients they are quick to whip up, no cooking required and delicious! Step by step instructions as follows and the recipe is at the end of this post. Hope you enjoy!
Get all your ingredients together.
Combine all dry ingredients.
Add banana and maple syrup.
Mash it all together.
If too dry add a little water.
Using ice cream scoop, portion onto parchment paper.
Place in Fridge to cool.
Banana Chocolate Energy Orbs
- 1-½ Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- ½ Cup + 2Tbsp Seeds (Pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds used)
- ¼ Cup Raw Cacao powder (Cocoa or Carob powder can be subbed)
- ½ Cup LeanFit Naturals Chocolate Whey Protein
- ¼ Cup Dried cranberries or choice of chopped dried fruit
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Medium Banana, mashed (Yield 2/3 cup mashed)
Combine oats, seeds, cacao powder, chocolate whey and cranberries; stir together until combined. Add maple syrup and mashed banana; mash together until well combined, add water 1Tbsp. at a time if too dry. Portion out onto parchment paper using ice cream scoop or ¼ cup and place in fridge to harden. Yield 10 orbs. Stores for 1-2 weeks in fridge or up to 2 days at room temperature.
This cookie is to die for! Best eaten fresh out of the oven with a scoop of your favourite ice cream! I used two 5″ small cast iron skillets but a standard large cast iron skillet will work as well. Alternatively you could use a 8×8 glass baking dish and slice into bars. I also added LeanFit completegreen protein powder for extra protein and VitaFiber IMO syrup for extra fiber. So happy with this recipe, definitely going to make again soon!
Top with ice cream!!
Banana PB Skillet Cookie
•½ Cup oat flour
•¼ Cup almond flour
•¼ Cup coconut flour
•½ Cup (50g) LeanFit Completegreen Protein
•1 tsp baking powder
•½ tsp cinnamon
•Pinch Himalayan pink salt
•2 Ripe bananas (appx. 2 cups mashed)
•⅓ Cup coconut oil, melted
•⅓ Cup peanut butter or choice of nut butter
•¼ Cup VitaFiber IMO Syrup or maple syrup
•1 Large egg
•2 Egg whites
•1 tsp vanilla extract
•½ cup dark chocolate, chopped or chips
Preheat oven to 325ºF, grease two 5” cast iron skillets or large cast iron skillet with coconut oil. Combine all dry ingredients in bowl and set aside. In separate bowl whisk all wet ingredients. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and fold in chocolate chips. Pour into two 5inch cast iron skillets or into one large skillet. Sprinkle extra chocolate on top and bake in preheated oven for 20-22 minutes. Eat right away and save extras for up to a week in fridge. I was able to get 12 servings. These could also be made into bars by using a 8×8 glass baking dish.
*Update – I remade in my large cast iron skillet and turned out great!
Happy Easter! Carrot cake is always in order around this time of the year! I made this one gluten free using oat flour and an extra kick of protein adding LeanFit whey protein. Recipe below.
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1½ Cup Oat Flour
- 2 Scoops (64g) LeanFit Vanilla 100% Whey Protein
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Granulated Sweetener (I used ¼ Cup coconut palm sugar & ¼Cup VitaFiberIMO powdered sugar)
- 1/3 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 Cup Crushed Walnuts
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrot, packed
- 2/3 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil, Melted
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Large Egg
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 8×8 dish with parchment paper or grease. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside (add cranberries, walnuts & shredded carrot in after all combined). In separate bowl whisk together all wet ingredients then pour into dry ingredients, mixing with spatula until just combined. Pour into prepared dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
- 250g Light Cream Cheese
- 1 Scoop (32g) LeanFit Vanilla 100% Whey Protein
- 2-4 Tbsp Almond Milk or choice
- Maple syrup if you like a little sweeter
With hand mixer beat together ingredients until smooth, starting with 2 Tbsp milk and adding more to get right consistency. Frost carrot cake and top with extra crushed walnuts if desired. Slice into 12 squares. Enjoy!
Macros: (Includes frosting)
Calories: 232 | Carb: 22g (7g fiber/11g sugar) | Fat: 11g | Protein: 10g
One thing I’ve always wanted to make was Pho and during my 4th Whole30 was the first time!
I had a large batch of bone broth that I made the weekend before that had to be used so this was the perfect time.
Instead of rice noodles in traditional Pho I used zucchini “noodles” to make this Whole30 compliant. Of course you can use rice noodles if you are not following Whole30. I use a spiralizer but if you have a julienne peeler that works great too!
- 1 Chunk (thumb size) fresh Ginger, peeled and sliced into chunks
- 3 Garlic cloves, sliced in half
- 3 Whole star anise
- 2 Whole cloves
- ½ Cinnamon stick
- 10 Peppercorns
- 5 Cups Bone broth or whole30 approved broth
- 12oz cooked, thinly sliced pork sirloin (alternate chicken or beef sirloin)
- ½ Cup Shitake mushrooms, chopped (alternate white or brown mushrooms)
- 1 Cup Bok choy, chopped (alternate kale or spinach)
- ½ Yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ½ Jalapeno, thinly sliced (seeds removed if you don’t like spicy)
- 1 Medium Zucchini, spiralized or julienned
- Cilantro and lime for garnish
- Place ginger, garlic, star anise, cloves, cinnamon stick and peppercorns in large pot with a splash of broth and cook over medium heat until fragrant about 3-5 minutes. Add remaining broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Thinly slice your pork or protein of choice (unless you have some already cooked). I seasoned mine with a little salt, pepper and ground ginger.
- Strain the broth removing all the spices and return broth to medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, bok choy, onion and jalapeno and cook for about 10-20 minutes until veggies are soft and flavours develop.
- Spiralize or julienne your zucchini and place into serving bowls.
- Ladle soup into bowls over “zoodles” and top with fresh cilantro and lime. Optional add some bean sprouts too!
Hope you enjoy as much as I did. I had leftovers for lunch!