Wowzers this was a hit! I love easy dinners and this was pretty easy to make. I adapted the recipe from Popular Paleo with few alterations. My version below.
•1lb grass fed ground beef
•2 large handfuls baby spinach
•1Cup carrots, diced
•1Cup parsnip, diced
•1-1/2Cups zucchini, diced
•1-1/2Cups green bell pepper, diced
•4 mushrooms, sliced
•1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
•3 cloves garlic, minced
•14oz can organic diced tomatoes
•1Tbsp bacon fat
•1/4Cup homemade taco seasoning
•5Cups shredded sweet potatoes/yams
•1/3Cup coconut oil, melted
•1/2tsp onion powder
•1/2tsp chili powder
•1/2tsp ground coriander
•Salt and pepper
Garnish: Cilantro, avocado, hot sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Chop all veggies, melt fat in large saucepan over medium heat and add all veggies except spinach. Sauté until just tender then add spinach and cook until spinach is wilted. Remove veggies from pan and set aside.
3. In same pan cook ground beef with taco seasoning until well done.
4. While ground beef is cooking peel and grate sweet potatoes (I used my handy food processor with the grating disk). Immediately pour melted coconut oil over potatoes and toss with hands. Sprinkle the onion powder, chili powder, ground coriander and S&P over potatoes and toss until well combined. Set aside.
5. Once beef is done add the vegetable mixture and diced tomatoes to pan and cook for few more minutes to let flavors develop.
6. Transfer the veggie/meat mixture to a large baking dish (I used my dutch oven-you will need a pan at least 9×13″ big). Top with seasoned sweet potatoes.
7. Cover and bake in preheated oven for 30min. Remove cover and broil for 5min. Let stand 10min.
8. Serve and garnish.