Happy St. Patrick’s Day! 🍀💚🍀
Mint Oreo Protein Cheesecake Bars
- 300g (22 cookies) Mint Oreo cookies
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut oil, melted
- 500g cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 3 egg whites
- ⅓ cup Xylitol
- 1½ scoop (48g) LeanFit vanilla whey isolate
- 1 tsp pure peppermint extract
- Green food colouring (about 8-10 drops)
- Melted chocolate for drizzling if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Process Oreo cookies in food processor until they resemble fine
crumbs. Add the 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil and pulse a couple
times until combined. Pour crumbs into prepared baking dish and press down lightly with back of a spoon until you have an even layer.
3. Bake crust in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare cheesecake by beating cream cheese and Greek yogurt until smooth and creamy. Add in the egg, egg whites, xylitol and protein powder and beat again until smooth. Add peppermint extract and add a few drops of green food colouring and beat again adding more green food colouring to get desired colour.
5. Pour cheesecake filling over baked crust and bake again for 35 – 40
minutes or until the cheesecake is slightly wobbly in the center.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool at room temperature. Place in
fridge for at least 3 hours before slicing into bars.
7. Drizzle bars with melted chocolate if desired.
8. Store covered in fridge for up to 7 days.
Ok so this is far from healthy but they were so delicious I had to share the recipe with you! Everything in moderation is ok … cheat day! I made this yummy cheesecake for my sisters birthday, she asked for something chocolatey and decadent so I made this! Recipe below.
Oreo cheesecake squres
•1 Package oreo cookies (reserve 4 oreos to crush in filling)
•1/2Cup butter, room temperature
•3 250g Packages cream cheese, softened
•1 300ml can sweetened condensed milk
•3 Whole eggs
•2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Stir into filling:
•1/4 Cup chocolate chips + 2 Tbsp for top
•4 reserved oreos, crushed + extra for top
•1 tsp oat flour (or choice, this prevents sinking to bottom)
1. Preheat oven to 300ºF. Line 8×8 pan with foil or parchment paper coming all the way up the sides and hanging over, grease and set aside.
2. In food processor pulse oreos and butter until crumbly, press into
3. Clean processor and beat in cream cheese until smooth, add condensed milk and beat again, add eggs and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
4. In small bowl coat 1/4 Cup chocolate chips and crushed oreos with flour, stir into cream cheese mixture lightly.
5. Pour mixture over curst and sprinkle with extra chips and crushed oreos on top.
6. Bake for 1 hour, let cool at room temperature for about 2 hours and place in fridge overnight before slicing.
Note: I used a large bag of oreos (500g bag) and used approximately 300g for the crust, then crushed 4 oreos to stir in and 1 for topping.
Happy Birthdsy Josie!