At just 99 calories per muffin, these chocolaty muffins are the perfect healthy snack!
And you’ll love that they are high in protein and fiber using LeanFit Naturals Protein and VitaFiber IMO. They are also packed with antioxidants. Check below for the recipe 👇🏽
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PROTEIN MUFFINS
Yield 12-14 muffins
•1 cup Gluten Free Only Oats Oat Flour
•2 scoops LeanFit Chocolate whey naturals
•1/3 cup cacao powder
•¼ tsp salt
•½ tsp cinnamon
•1 tsp baking powder
•½ cup VitaFiber syrup *see below for subs
•½ cup 2% Greek yogurt
•1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
•1 tsp pure vanilla extract
•¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
•1/3 cup Lily’s Sugar Free dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line or grease 12 muffin tin.
2. Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Beat eggs, syrup, Greek yogurt, applesauce, vanilla and almond milk in separate bowl.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and fold everything together. Be careful not to over stir the batter (If to dry add 1-2 tablespoons of milk if needed).
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Evenly divide the batter among muffin tin (I got 14 muffins). If desired, add chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
7. Bake between 15 to 20 minutes, or until you can pierce the muffin with a
toothpick and it comes out clean.
8. Let cool on wire rack.
Calories: 99 | Fat: 3g | Carb: 12g (Fiber 4.1g / Sugar 1.2g) | Protein 7g
*Can substitute maple syrup, honey or any sticky sweetener in place. A granulated sugar could be used but you may need more liquid, adjust accordingly.
I created these last year for Easter and knew I had to make them again this year. Instead of making them large, I made them smaller so if you want to eat 1, 2 or 3 you can! I also have included my homemade chocolate recipe that I used to coat the eggies. Recipe below.
Chocolate Protein Eggs
•2 Scoops (64g) Chocolate LeanFit 100% Whey Naturals Protein
•½ Cup Coconut Flour (can swap for ¼ cup casein & ¼ cup coconut flour also for higher protein)
•¼ Cup Almond Flour
•¼ Cup Cacao Powder
•¼ Cup Nut Butter (I used Cashew butter)
•¼ Cup VitaFiberIMO Syrup (Can sub maple syrup/honey)
•¼ Cup Almond Milk
Mix together all dry ingredients in bowl and set aside. In medium saucepan heat nut butter and VitaFiber until smooth; stir in almond milk. Using spatula add nut butter mixture to dry ingredients and press together then use your hands to knead dough together (add more almond milk 1Tbsp at a time if too dry). Split dough into 12 even pieces or 24 if you want smaller pieces. Using your hands form each batter piece into egg shape, place on parchment paper and then store in fridge to firm. Coat in your favourite melted chocolate or make your own as below.
Macros: (12) *Large size
Calories: 98 | Carb: 10g (Fiber 6g/Sugar 1g) | Fat: 5g | Protein: 7g
(24 for smaller size – macros halved)
•¼ Cup Coconut Oil
•¼ Cup Cacao Powder
•2-4 Tbsp VitaFiberIMO Syrup (or maple syrup/honey/liquid sweetener)
Heat coconut oil to a liquid and stir in cacao powder and sweetener. Coat protein eggs and pour leftovers into molds or silicone muffin cups for a snack later.
A healthy tootsie roll? That taste better than the real thing and is so simple to make? Yes I have the recipe for you!
Halloween is full of candy and sugar, why not make something that you don’t have to feel guilty about giving your kids and yourself of course!
After you combine all your ingredients you should be able to form a round ball.
Roll flat with rolling pin or tall glass to abot 1/2″ thick.
Then slice horizontally in 1/2″ strips.
Then slice again into about 1-1/2″ pieces (preferred size of your tootsies).
I joined some of the end pieces to get right size. Form tootsies using your hands into round rectangular pieces.
Place in fridge to firm up and wrap in individual papers if desired (I cut wax paper up and twisted ends).
Protein Tootsie Rolls
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder (I used Camino Dutch-Processed)
- ½ Cup LeanFit Chocolate 100% Whey protein powder (appx. 1 heaping scoop)
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut flour
- 1 tsp. Granulated stevia (I used Truvia) – optional
- 1/8 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- ¼ Cup (60g) VitaFiber syrup (*honey can be subbed)
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- ½ tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- In medium bowl mix cocoa powder, whey powder, coconut flour, stevia and salt and set aside.
- In small saucepan heat up VitaFiber syrup over medium heat until bubbles form, add coconut oil and vanilla and mix, pour into dry ingredients and with spatula fold ingredients together until you get a dough.
- Place dough onto wax/parchment paper and knead with your hand until firm, roll flat with rolling pin or large glass; about ½ an inch thick.
- Slice into 1/2″ strips then slice creating tootsie roll sized pieces about 1-1/2″, the ends may need to be joined with other end pieces to create same shape. Form pieces with your hands rolling on flat surface to get desired shape.
- Store in fridge and roll in individual papers if desired.
Yield: 42 Pieces
Macros per 1 piece (using VitaFiber)
Calories: 17 | Carb: 2g (1g Fiber/0g Sugar) | Fat: 1g | Protein: 1g
Macros per 6 pieces
Calories: 105 | Carb: 12g | Fat: 5g | Protein: 8g
*Note: I have tried this recipe with honey instead of VitaFiber with almost exact results, please note the macronutrients will alter and the flovour too.