It took me a couple tries to get this recipe right but I eventually got it. I’ve used both maple syrup and VitaFiber syrup and they both come out with the same result. I always use LeanFit protein in my recipes; you can purchase it at Costco or on Amazon. These peanut butter squares are a true Delight packed with healthy fats, carbs, fiber, protein and of course chocolate! Recipe as follows ⏬
Chocolate PB Protein Squares
• ¾ cup oat flour
• ½ cup almond flour
• 2 Scoops LeanFit Vanilla 100% Whey Naturals
• ¼ tsp cinnamon
• Dash salt
• ¾ cup peanut butter
• 3 Tbsp VitaFiber syrup or maple syrup
• ¼ cup coconut oil
• 3 Tbsp almond milk
• 1 tsp vanilla
• ¼ cup chocolate chips
• 100g dark chocolate
• 2 Tbsp peanut butter
• 1 Tbsp coconut oil
1. Mix the oat flour, almond flour, whey, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
2. In saucepan over medium heat melt together peanut butter, syrup, coconut oil, almond milk and vanilla; heat until warm and mash/stir together until smooth.
3. Add peanut butter mixture to oat mixture; fold together with spatula until well combined, place in fridge to cool if still warm then fold in the chocolate chips. (If your mixture is too crumbly and doesn’t stick together like a dough then add 1 Tbsp. of milk at time to get a dough like texture).
4. Line loaf pan with parchment paper and press the mixture into pan. Place in refrigerator for an at least half hour.
5. Melt the topping ingredients over double boiler, stir together until smooth then pour over cooled base, place back in fridge for another hour. Slice into 24 squares. Store in fridge.
Looking for a quick energy pick me up, be sure to make these! I made them a few days before giving birth to my first child and they are lifesavers for when you need a quick snack. Of course you don’t need to be pregnant or postpartum to enjoy these yummy bites. When researching recipes for these balls the most common ingredients are oats, peanut butter, honey and flax seed. I opted to add some protein powder to mine as I like the extra protein boost.
Here is the recipe:
Lactation Energy Balls
- 1 Cup creamy nut butter (I used half peanut and half almond butter)
- 2⁄3 Cup raw honey
- 2 Cups old fashioned oats
- ½ Cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ Cup LeanFit CompleteGreen Organic protein powder
- ¼ Cup shredded coconut
- 2⁄3 Cup chocolate chips
- Combine nut butter and honey until smooth (heat nut butter if hard). Combine all dry ingredients together and add to nut butter/honey mixture and mix with spatula/wooden spoon until well combined. Using small cookie scoop or your hands roll into small tablespoon sized balls. Place on parchment lined dish. Store in fridge or freezer.
Yield: 50 Tablespoon size balls
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! 🍀💚🍀
Mint Oreo Protein Cheesecake Bars
- 300g (22 cookies) Mint Oreo cookies
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut oil, melted
- 500g cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 3 egg whites
- ⅓ cup Xylitol
- 1½ scoop (48g) LeanFit vanilla whey isolate
- 1 tsp pure peppermint extract
- Green food colouring (about 8-10 drops)
- Melted chocolate for drizzling if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Process Oreo cookies in food processor until they resemble fine
crumbs. Add the 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil and pulse a couple
times until combined. Pour crumbs into prepared baking dish and press down lightly with back of a spoon until you have an even layer.
3. Bake crust in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare cheesecake by beating cream cheese and Greek yogurt until smooth and creamy. Add in the egg, egg whites, xylitol and protein powder and beat again until smooth. Add peppermint extract and add a few drops of green food colouring and beat again adding more green food colouring to get desired colour.
5. Pour cheesecake filling over baked crust and bake again for 35 – 40
minutes or until the cheesecake is slightly wobbly in the center.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool at room temperature. Place in
fridge for at least 3 hours before slicing into bars.
7. Drizzle bars with melted chocolate if desired.
8. Store covered in fridge for up to 7 days.
Made these yummy treats for Valentine’s Day this year. They turned out great, a perfect healthy treat ❤ Recipe 👇🏽
Coconut Raspberry Chocolate Cups
•½ cup almonds/walnuts
•⅓ cup flaked coconut
•2Tbsp cacao powder
•¼ cup LeanFit vanilla whey protein powder
•10 medjool dates (or 15 noor dates, soaked)
•¼ cup coconut oil, melted
•1 cup frozen raspberries
•⅔ cup flaked coconut
•¼ cup LeanFit vanilla whey protein powder
•2Tbsp maple syrup
•2Tbsp melted coconut oil
•100g chocolate + 1Tbsp coconut oil
Line 12 tin muffin tray with paper liners. For the base layer combine nuts and coconut in food processor until small little bits, add remaining ingredients and process until well combined and you get dough texture. Press evenly into lined muffin tin. Process middle layer ingredients in food processor until well combined and press onto base layer. Melt chocolate and spread evenly over cups. Place in fridge to harden. Store in fridge.
Gingerbread Protein Donuts
• ½ Cup oat flour
• 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
• 2 Tbsp. granulated sweetener of choice (I used coconut sugar)
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• ¼ tsp ground ginger
• ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
• ¼ tsp ground cloves
• 1 Scoop (34g) vanilla plant-based protein powder (I use LeanFit Organic CompleteGreens)
• 1 Egg
• ½ Cup unsweetened almond milk
• 1 Tbsp. applesauce
• 2 Tbsp molasses
• 1 scoop (31g) vanilla whey protein powder (I use LeanFit)
• ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
• 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
• ¼ tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 325ºF and lightly grease donut pan. Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl until well combined. In separate bowl whisk together wet ingredients until well combined. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk together until well incorporated. Using piping bag or Ziploc bag with corner cut, pipe batter into prepared donut pan. Bake for 10-14 minutes until donuts are firm. Let cool and prepare icing ingredients. Once donuts are cooled apply icing and sprinkles if desired.
Looking for the perfect healthy cookie that even your children will love? Look no further, these cookies are melt in your mouth deliciousness! My friends 5yr old kept wanting more!
Ginger Protein Cookies
• 1½ cups oat flour (finely ground oats)
• ¾ cup LeanFit CompleteGreens protein powder (about 3 scoops)
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 2 tsp. ground ginger
• ½ tsp. cinnamon
• ½ tsp. allspice
• ½ tsp. pink Himalayan salt
• ½ cup coconut oil, melted
• ¼ cup un-sulphured molasses
• ⅔ cup coconut sugar
• 1 large egg, room temperature
• 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
• Granulated sugar for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In large bowl sift together flour, protein powder, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, allspice and salt; set aside.
3. In medium bowl mix together coconut oil, molasses and coconut sugar with hand mixer until smooth. Whisk in egg and beat until fluffy (make sure egg is at room temperature or your coconut oil will clump). Fold in grated ginger.
4. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients until well combined.
5. Using small cookie scoop or tablespoon portion cookie dough and roll into balls with your hands, roll in sugar and place onto parchment paper spacing about 1½ inches apart from each other, gently press dough down with your hands or the bottom of a cup.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 6-8 minutes. Let cool slightly on pan before removing to cool further on wire rack.
7. Yield 30.
I’ve been wanting to make some oat bars for a while now and finally got to it! These are super simple to make with only 6 ingredients. I topped mine with chocolate because chocolate makes everything better, you can totally omit this step if you prefer but I don’t reccomend doing that 😂
I use VitaFiber syrup in my recipe for sugar free/high fiber but you can substitute any sticky sweetener such as maple syrup, honey or brown rice syrup with same effects. I use my favourite Organic CompleteGreen protein powder by LeanFit. I’ve also found a new local product for my peanut butter called Fatso, the ingredients are amazing with healthy fats and fiber, yummy peanut butter taste, chia seeds and a hint of sweet coconut, I’m in love ❤
Chocolate Oat Protein Bars
•3 Cups rolled oats
•2 Scoops LeanFit CompleteGreen protein powder
•1 tsp cinnamon
•1 Cup natural peanut butter (Fatso PB)
•½ Cup VitaFiber syrup or honey/maple syrup
•2Tbsp Almond milk
•100g of chocolate + 2Tbsp coconut oil, melted
Combine rolled oats, protein powder and cinnamon in large bowl, set aside. Melt together peanut butter, syrup and almond milk then add to rolled oat mixture, stir together until well combined. Line loaf pan with parchment paper and press down mixture into pan, place in fridge to harden. Melt chocolate and coconut oil together, pour over cooled oat mixture and place back in fridge to harden. Slice into 16 bars (I sliced into 8 then slice in half). Store in fridge for up to 2 weeks, in freezer for up to 6 months or at room temperature for up to 5 days.