Day 13 of Whole30 over here and I’m feeling amazing! Love Saturday and Sunday mornings because I have time to make yummy breakfasts like this one. This recipe is super simple too. Hope you enjoy!
Potato Patties with Smashed Avocado & Poached Eggs
• 5 cups grated potato (I used russet but any potato or sweet potato will work)
• 1 tsp sea salt
• ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
• ½ tsp onion powder (optional)
• 2 eggs, whisked
• ¼ cup almond flour
• 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
• 2 Tablespoons chives, chopped (you can also use dry)
• 2-3 tablespoons ghee or clarified butter
• 1 ripe large avocado, mashed
• Poached eggs 1 per patty
• Chives / parsley for garnish
1. Grate potatoes using food processor or box grater. Place potatoes in cheesecloth or paper towels/clean dish towel and squeeze out excess moisture (try and get as much moisture out as possible for crisper patties).
2. Place grated potatoes in a bowl. Add salt, pepper and onion powder and toss together. Add whisked eggs, almond flour, arrowroot powder and chives. Mix together until well combined.
3. Heat a pan over med-high heat. Add 1Tbsp ghee and heat pan until hot. Scoop ½ cup at a time of potato mixture and press down onto hot pan. Cook until golden brown about 3-4 minutes and flip, cook until brown again (turn pan down if it gets too hot). Remove and place on paper towel. Add more ghee to pan if needed for next batches. While potatoes cook mash avocado with a fork.
4. Poach your eggs (I use handy egg poacher). Click here for a good tutorial if you don’t know how to poach eggs or don’t have an egg poacher.
5. Top patties with mashed avocado and poached eggs. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and garnish with chives and parsley.
Yield 7 patties.
I’m all about the pumpkin lately 🎃 well it is fall after all. These cookies turned out so soft and chewy, definitely a new favourite! Recipe below.
Pumpkin Protein Cookies 🎃
•1½ Cups flour (I used half oat flour & half all purpose whole wheat)
•½ Cup LeanFit CompleteGreen protein powder
•1 tsp cinnamon
•½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
•2 tsp baking powder
•Pinch pink Himalayan salt
•½ cup coconut oil
•½ cup coconut sugar
•2 egg whites or 1 whole egg/flax egg
•1 tsp pure vanilla extract
•1 Cup pumpkin puree
•¼ Cup each pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl and set
aside. Beat together coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth, add egg
whites and vanilla and beat together, add pumpkin puree and beat again until
smooth. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. Stir
in pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips. Portion cookies onto parchment lined
baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Pumpkin balls in my new cute pumpkin ramkin 🎃 These balls were so delicious they didn’t last long! Recipe below⬇️
Pumpkin Protein Balls 🎃
•½ cup natural peanut butter (can sub with any nut/seed butter)
•½ cup pure pumpkin puree
•¼ cup VitaFiber IMO syrup*
•¾ cup large flake oats
•¼ cup oat flour
•2 Scoops (60g) LeanFit CompleteGreen protein powder
•1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl and set aside. In saucepan over medium heat melt together peanut butter and syrup *(VitaFiber syrup can be subbed with any sticky sweetener such as honey or maple syrup, macros will change) until smooth, remove from heat and stir in pumpkin puree until smooth (you can skip the heating if you have smooth enough nut butter). Add peanut butter mixture to dry ingredients and mash together with a fork until well combined. Roll into balls and place on parchment lined dish (I used a small cookie dough scoop to make my balls – so easy!). Place in fridge to harden up. I was able to get 32 balls with my small scoop, portion as you like.
With back to school on the horizon LeanFit asked me to create a yummy snack that is completely nut free, under 8 ingredients and refined sugar free; challenge accepted! These are the perfect little snacks for you to pack for your children’s lunches and of course for yourself. With very minimal ingredients they are quick to whip up, no cooking required and delicious! Step by step instructions as follows and the recipe is at the end of this post. Hope you enjoy!
Get all your ingredients together.
Combine all dry ingredients.
Add banana and maple syrup.
Mash it all together.
If too dry add a little water.
Using ice cream scoop, portion onto parchment paper.
Place in Fridge to cool.
Banana Chocolate Energy Orbs
- 1-½ Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- ½ Cup + 2Tbsp Seeds (Pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds used)
- ¼ Cup Raw Cacao powder (Cocoa or Carob powder can be subbed)
- ½ Cup LeanFit Naturals Chocolate Whey Protein
- ¼ Cup Dried cranberries or choice of chopped dried fruit
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Medium Banana, mashed (Yield 2/3 cup mashed)
Combine oats, seeds, cacao powder, chocolate whey and cranberries; stir together until combined. Add maple syrup and mashed banana; mash together until well combined, add water 1Tbsp. at a time if too dry. Portion out onto parchment paper using ice cream scoop or ¼ cup and place in fridge to harden. Yield 10 orbs. Stores for 1-2 weeks in fridge or up to 2 days at room temperature.
This cookie is to die for! Best eaten fresh out of the oven with a scoop of your favourite ice cream! I used two 5″ small cast iron skillets but a standard large cast iron skillet will work as well. Alternatively you could use a 8×8 glass baking dish and slice into bars. I also added LeanFit completegreen protein powder for extra protein and VitaFiber IMO syrup for extra fiber. So happy with this recipe, definitely going to make again soon!
Top with ice cream!!
Banana PB Skillet Cookie
•½ Cup oat flour
•¼ Cup almond flour
•¼ Cup coconut flour
•½ Cup (50g) LeanFit Completegreen Protein
•1 tsp baking powder
•½ tsp cinnamon
•Pinch Himalayan pink salt
•2 Ripe bananas (appx. 2 cups mashed)
•⅓ Cup coconut oil, melted
•⅓ Cup peanut butter or choice of nut butter
•¼ Cup VitaFiber IMO Syrup or maple syrup
•1 Large egg
•2 Egg whites
•1 tsp vanilla extract
•½ cup dark chocolate, chopped or chips
Preheat oven to 325ºF, grease two 5” cast iron skillets or large cast iron skillet with coconut oil. Combine all dry ingredients in bowl and set aside. In separate bowl whisk all wet ingredients. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and fold in chocolate chips. Pour into two 5inch cast iron skillets or into one large skillet. Sprinkle extra chocolate on top and bake in preheated oven for 20-22 minutes. Eat right away and save extras for up to a week in fridge. I was able to get 12 servings. These could also be made into bars by using a 8×8 glass baking dish.
Happy Easter! Carrot cake is always in order around this time of the year! I made this one gluten free using oat flour and an extra kick of protein adding LeanFit whey protein. Recipe below.
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1½ Cup Oat Flour
- 2 Scoops (64g) LeanFit Vanilla 100% Whey Protein
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Granulated Sweetener (I used ¼ Cup coconut palm sugar & ¼Cup VitaFiberIMO powdered sugar)
- 1/3 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 Cup Crushed Walnuts
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrot, packed
- 2/3 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil, Melted
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Large Egg
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 8×8 dish with parchment paper or grease. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside (add cranberries, walnuts & shredded carrot in after all combined). In separate bowl whisk together all wet ingredients then pour into dry ingredients, mixing with spatula until just combined. Pour into prepared dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
- 250g Light Cream Cheese
- 1 Scoop (32g) LeanFit Vanilla 100% Whey Protein
- 2-4 Tbsp Almond Milk or choice
- Maple syrup if you like a little sweeter
With hand mixer beat together ingredients until smooth, starting with 2 Tbsp milk and adding more to get right consistency. Frost carrot cake and top with extra crushed walnuts if desired. Slice into 12 squares. Enjoy!
Macros: (Includes frosting)
Calories: 232 | Carb: 22g (7g fiber/11g sugar) | Fat: 11g | Protein: 10g
Happy Valentines Day ❤ Protein donuts for the win! I used beet juice to get the red hue in these beauties 🍩
Red Velvet Protein Donuts
•½ Cup whole wheat pastry flour (can sub oat, buckwheat, all purpose, etc.)
•½ Cup LeanFit All-In-One protein powder (can sub plant based protein powder)
•1 tsp baking powder
•½ tsp cinnamon
•¼ Cup unsweetened applesauce
•3 Tbsp beetroot juice
•¼ Cup VitaFiberIMO syrup (can sub honey, maple syrup, etc.)
•½ tsp pure vanilla extract
•1 Tbsp coconut water (can sub milk of choice or water)
•1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease donut *pan. Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl. In separate bowl whisk together all wet ingredients and add to dry, stir until just combined. Place batter into large Ziploc bag and cut the corner to pipe into donut pan. *Bake as per notes below. Let cool completely before icing.
*Notes: Yield 16-18 mini donuts or 6-8 large donuts – Baking time for mini donuts is about 8 minutes and for large donuts about 10-12 minutes.
Donut toppings: For half I used just plain melted coconut butter and for the other half I used equal parts of coconut oil & cacao powder and added VitaFiber syrup to my sweetness liking (can sub honey, maple syrup, etc.) and then sprinkled with freeze dried raspberries right away. Feel free to use whatever you desire.