Day 13 of Whole30 over here and I’m feeling amazing! Love Saturday and Sunday mornings because I have time to make yummy breakfasts like this one. This recipe is super simple too. Hope you enjoy!
Potato Patties with Smashed Avocado & Poached Eggs
• 5 cups grated potato (I used russet but any potato or sweet potato will work)
• 1 tsp sea salt
• ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
• ½ tsp onion powder (optional)
• 2 eggs, whisked
• ¼ cup almond flour
• 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
• 2 Tablespoons chives, chopped (you can also use dry)
• 2-3 tablespoons ghee or clarified butter
• 1 ripe large avocado, mashed
• Poached eggs 1 per patty
• Chives / parsley for garnish
1. Grate potatoes using food processor or box grater. Place potatoes in cheesecloth or paper towels/clean dish towel and squeeze out excess moisture (try and get as much moisture out as possible for crisper patties).
2. Place grated potatoes in a bowl. Add salt, pepper and onion powder and toss together. Add whisked eggs, almond flour, arrowroot powder and chives. Mix together until well combined.
3. Heat a pan over med-high heat. Add 1Tbsp ghee and heat pan until hot. Scoop ½ cup at a time of potato mixture and press down onto hot pan. Cook until golden brown about 3-4 minutes and flip, cook until brown again (turn pan down if it gets too hot). Remove and place on paper towel. Add more ghee to pan if needed for next batches. While potatoes cook mash avocado with a fork.
4. Poach your eggs (I use handy egg poacher). Click here for a good tutorial if you don’t know how to poach eggs or don’t have an egg poacher.
5. Top patties with mashed avocado and poached eggs. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and garnish with chives and parsley.
Yield 7 patties.
Pumpkin balls in my new cute pumpkin ramkin 🎃 These balls were so delicious they didn’t last long! Recipe below⬇️
Pumpkin Protein Balls 🎃
•½ cup natural peanut butter (can sub with any nut/seed butter)
•½ cup pure pumpkin puree
•¼ cup VitaFiber IMO syrup*
•¾ cup large flake oats
•¼ cup oat flour
•2 Scoops (60g) LeanFit CompleteGreen protein powder
•1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl and set aside. In saucepan over medium heat melt together peanut butter and syrup *(VitaFiber syrup can be subbed with any sticky sweetener such as honey or maple syrup, macros will change) until smooth, remove from heat and stir in pumpkin puree until smooth (you can skip the heating if you have smooth enough nut butter). Add peanut butter mixture to dry ingredients and mash together with a fork until well combined. Roll into balls and place on parchment lined dish (I used a small cookie dough scoop to make my balls – so easy!). Place in fridge to harden up. I was able to get 32 balls with my small scoop, portion as you like.
With back to school on the horizon LeanFit asked me to create a yummy snack that is completely nut free, under 8 ingredients and refined sugar free; challenge accepted! These are the perfect little snacks for you to pack for your children’s lunches and of course for yourself. With very minimal ingredients they are quick to whip up, no cooking required and delicious! Step by step instructions as follows and the recipe is at the end of this post. Hope you enjoy!
Get all your ingredients together.
Combine all dry ingredients.
Add banana and maple syrup.
Mash it all together.
If too dry add a little water.
Using ice cream scoop, portion onto parchment paper.
Place in Fridge to cool.
Banana Chocolate Energy Orbs
- 1-½ Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- ½ Cup + 2Tbsp Seeds (Pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds used)
- ¼ Cup Raw Cacao powder (Cocoa or Carob powder can be subbed)
- ½ Cup LeanFit Naturals Chocolate Whey Protein
- ¼ Cup Dried cranberries or choice of chopped dried fruit
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Medium Banana, mashed (Yield 2/3 cup mashed)
Combine oats, seeds, cacao powder, chocolate whey and cranberries; stir together until combined. Add maple syrup and mashed banana; mash together until well combined, add water 1Tbsp. at a time if too dry. Portion out onto parchment paper using ice cream scoop or ¼ cup and place in fridge to harden. Yield 10 orbs. Stores for 1-2 weeks in fridge or up to 2 days at room temperature.
Happy Valentines Day ❤ Protein donuts for the win! I used beet juice to get the red hue in these beauties 🍩
Red Velvet Protein Donuts
•½ Cup whole wheat pastry flour (can sub oat, buckwheat, all purpose, etc.)
•½ Cup LeanFit All-In-One protein powder (can sub plant based protein powder)
•1 tsp baking powder
•½ tsp cinnamon
•¼ Cup unsweetened applesauce
•3 Tbsp beetroot juice
•¼ Cup VitaFiberIMO syrup (can sub honey, maple syrup, etc.)
•½ tsp pure vanilla extract
•1 Tbsp coconut water (can sub milk of choice or water)
•1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease donut *pan. Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl. In separate bowl whisk together all wet ingredients and add to dry, stir until just combined. Place batter into large Ziploc bag and cut the corner to pipe into donut pan. *Bake as per notes below. Let cool completely before icing.
*Notes: Yield 16-18 mini donuts or 6-8 large donuts – Baking time for mini donuts is about 8 minutes and for large donuts about 10-12 minutes.
Donut toppings: For half I used just plain melted coconut butter and for the other half I used equal parts of coconut oil & cacao powder and added VitaFiber syrup to my sweetness liking (can sub honey, maple syrup, etc.) and then sprinkled with freeze dried raspberries right away. Feel free to use whatever you desire.
And another protein truffle recipe for you because it’s Christmas week aka truffle week 😂 Today’s truffles are chocolate mint! Because chocolate and mint are bomb .com ✌
Chocolate Mint Protein Truffles
•1/2 cup sunbutter or nut/seed butter of choice
•1/3 cup LeanFit Protein Chocolate whey
•1/3 cup ground flax seed
•3 Medjool dates
•1Tbsp VitaFiber IMO syrup or maple syrup/honey
•2 Tbsp cocoa powder
•1/2 tsp pure mint extract
Process all ingredients in food processor. Form balls with hands. Drizzle with chocolate if desired. Yield 12.
It’s that time of the year again to make truffles! These are super simple to make. They are also vegan, grain and gluten free!
Gingerbread Protein Truffles
•1/2 cup peanut butter or nut/seed butter of choice
•1/3 cup LeanFit Protein CompleteGreen protein powder
•1/3 cup ground flax seeds
•3 Medjool dates
•1 tsp ginger
•1/2 tsp cinnamon
•1/2 tsp nutmeg
•1/4 tsp cloves
Process all ingredients in food processor, scraping sides down as needed until you get crumbly dough that sticks together. Roll into tablespoon sized balls. Yield 14 balls. I also rolled in cocoa powder and hemp hearts.
Super easy donuts! High in protein and low carb too! Recipe below 😋
Pumpkin Protein Donuts
•½ Cup Vanilla Whey LeanFit Protein
•¼ Cup Coconut flour
•½ tsp Baking powder
•½ tsp Cinnamon
•1/8 tsp each ground nutmeg, ginger, cloves, all spice (or ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice)
•1Tbsp VitaFiber IMO Powder or sweetener of choice/omit
•½ Cup Pumpkin puree
•1/3 Cup Unsweet applesauce
•1/3 Cup Liquid egg whites
•1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
•½ Brick (125g) fat free cream cheese
•2Tbsp VitaFiber IMO powder or sweetener of choice
•½ Scoop Vanilla Whey LeanFit Protein
Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease donut pan. Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl and mix until well combined. Add wet ingredients and whisk together until well combined. Transfer batter to medium zip lock bag or piping bag and pipe into prepared donut pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until toothpick comes clean. Let cool on wire rack and place in fridge to cool further before icing. Whisk together icing ingredients with hand mixer until smooth. Ice donuts and add sprinkles if desired.
Macros: (Includes toppings)
Calories: 119 | Fat: 2g | Carb: 15g (9g fiber/4g sugar) | Protein: 15g