I created these last year for Easter and knew I had to make them again this year. Instead of making them large, I made them smaller so if you want to eat 1, 2 or 3 you can! I also have included my homemade chocolate recipe that I used to coat the eggies. Recipe below.
Chocolate Protein Eggs
•2 Scoops (64g) Chocolate LeanFit 100% Whey Naturals Protein
•½ Cup Coconut Flour (can swap for ¼ cup casein & ¼ cup coconut flour also for higher protein)
•¼ Cup Almond Flour
•¼ Cup Cacao Powder
•¼ Cup Nut Butter (I used Cashew butter)
•¼ Cup VitaFiberIMO Syrup (Can sub maple syrup/honey)
•¼ Cup Almond Milk
Mix together all dry ingredients in bowl and set aside. In medium saucepan heat nut butter and VitaFiber until smooth; stir in almond milk. Using spatula add nut butter mixture to dry ingredients and press together then use your hands to knead dough together (add more almond milk 1Tbsp at a time if too dry). Split dough into 12 even pieces or 24 if you want smaller pieces. Using your hands form each batter piece into egg shape, place on parchment paper and then store in fridge to firm. Coat in your favourite melted chocolate or make your own as below.
Macros: (12) *Large size
Calories: 98 | Carb: 10g (Fiber 6g/Sugar 1g) | Fat: 5g | Protein: 7g
(24 for smaller size – macros halved)
•¼ Cup Coconut Oil
•¼ Cup Cacao Powder
•2-4 Tbsp VitaFiberIMO Syrup (or maple syrup/honey/liquid sweetener)
Heat coconut oil to a liquid and stir in cacao powder and sweetener. Coat protein eggs and pour leftovers into molds or silicone muffin cups for a snack later.
With back to school on the horizon LeanFit asked me to create a yummy snack that is completely nut free, under 8 ingredients and refined sugar free; challenge accepted! These are the perfect little snacks for you to pack for your children’s lunches and of course for yourself. With very minimal ingredients they are quick to whip up, no cooking required and delicious! Step by step instructions as follows and the recipe is at the end of this post. Hope you enjoy!
Get all your ingredients together.
Combine all dry ingredients.
Add banana and maple syrup.
Mash it all together.
If too dry add a little water.
Using ice cream scoop, portion onto parchment paper.
Place in Fridge to cool.
Banana Chocolate Energy Orbs
- 1-½ Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- ½ Cup + 2Tbsp Seeds (Pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds used)
- ¼ Cup Raw Cacao powder (Cocoa or Carob powder can be subbed)
- ½ Cup LeanFit Naturals Chocolate Whey Protein
- ¼ Cup Dried cranberries or choice of chopped dried fruit
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Medium Banana, mashed (Yield 2/3 cup mashed)
Combine oats, seeds, cacao powder, chocolate whey and cranberries; stir together until combined. Add maple syrup and mashed banana; mash together until well combined, add water 1Tbsp. at a time if too dry. Portion out onto parchment paper using ice cream scoop or ¼ cup and place in fridge to harden. Yield 10 orbs. Stores for 1-2 weeks in fridge or up to 2 days at room temperature.
I had a vision in my mind what these would look like and they turned out just right! Coconut chocolate protein peanut butter cups. Dark chocolate bottom, protein peanut butter center and coconut butter topping these fat bombs are awesome! Recipe below 😘
•1/3 Cup Chopped 70% dark chocolate
•1 tsp Coconut oil
•¼ Cup natural peanut butter
•2 Tbsp LeanFit Protein chocolate whey (use plant based for vegan)
•1 Tbsp almond milk
•1 Cup Coconut butter
•1 Tbsp Maple syrup
•½ tsp Pure vanilla extract
1. Prepare 12 mini muffin liners in pan. In double boiler melt chocolate and coconut oil. Divide equally between the 12 cups bringing chocolate up the sides half way, place in freezer to harden.
2. Prepare center ingredients in small bowl, mash together with fork until you get a dough like consistency, equally make 12 small balls with dough (if you have hard PB heat up in small saucepan slightly). Remove chocolate from freezer and place 12 dough balls in each cup, pressing down flat.
3. Prepare top ingredients in double boiler until smooth, divide evenly over top of 12 cups. Sprinkle with shredded coconut, chopped chocolate or cacao nibs if desired. Place in fridge or freezer to harden then remove liners. Store in fridge.