National doughnut day calls for a new doughnut recipe. I thought lemon and coconut sounded pretty good so I created this delicious recipe🍋🍩
I use VitaFiber syrup in my recipe but you can substitute any sticky sweetener such as maple syrup or honey. VitaFiber is a high fiber sugar substitute. Check their website out for more info, It’s an amazing product.
For protein I use LeanFit, they have an All-in-One protein that bakes amazing which I used in this recipe. A plant based or whey protein should still work ok if that’s what you have on hand, using whey might lead to a little drier doughnut though.
Here is the recipe 👇🏽
Lemon Coconut Protein Donuts
Yield 8-10 donuts
½ cup oat flour
½ cup LeanFit All-in-One protein powder
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ cup shredded coconut
¼ cup applesauce
¼ cup VitaFiber syrup or maple syrup
¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
125g cream cheese
½ scoop LeanFit vanilla whey
1 Tbps VitaFiber syrup or maple syrup
1 tsp lemon juice
Coconut & lemon rind for garnish
Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease donut pan. Combine all dry ingredients in bowl. Whisk together wet ingredients in separate bowl then fold the wet into dry ingredients. Place batter into a Ziploc or sandwich bag, cut corner and pipe into donut tray. Bake for 10-12 mins. Repeat with remaining batter. Let donuts cool before frosting. Whisk frosting ingredients together until smooth and spread onto donuts, garnish with shredded coconut and lemon rind.
At just 99 calories per muffin, these chocolaty muffins are the perfect healthy snack!
And you’ll love that they are high in protein and fiber using LeanFit Naturals Protein and VitaFiber IMO. They are also packed with antioxidants. Check below for the recipe 👇🏽
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PROTEIN MUFFINS
Yield 12-14 muffins
•1 cup Gluten Free Only Oats Oat Flour
•2 scoops LeanFit Chocolate whey naturals
•1/3 cup cacao powder
•¼ tsp salt
•½ tsp cinnamon
•1 tsp baking powder
•½ cup VitaFiber syrup *see below for subs
•½ cup 2% Greek yogurt
•1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
•1 tsp pure vanilla extract
•¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
•1/3 cup Lily’s Sugar Free dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line or grease 12 muffin tin.
2. Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Beat eggs, syrup, Greek yogurt, applesauce, vanilla and almond milk in separate bowl.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and fold everything together. Be careful not to over stir the batter (If to dry add 1-2 tablespoons of milk if needed).
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Evenly divide the batter among muffin tin (I got 14 muffins). If desired, add chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
7. Bake between 15 to 20 minutes, or until you can pierce the muffin with a
toothpick and it comes out clean.
8. Let cool on wire rack.
Calories: 99 | Fat: 3g | Carb: 12g (Fiber 4.1g / Sugar 1.2g) | Protein 7g
*Can substitute maple syrup, honey or any sticky sweetener in place. A granulated sugar could be used but you may need more liquid, adjust accordingly.
I created these last year for Easter and knew I had to make them again this year. Instead of making them large, I made them smaller so if you want to eat 1, 2 or 3 you can! I also have included my homemade chocolate recipe that I used to coat the eggies. Recipe below.
Chocolate Protein Eggs
•2 Scoops (64g) Chocolate LeanFit 100% Whey Naturals Protein
•½ Cup Coconut Flour (can swap for ¼ cup casein & ¼ cup coconut flour also for higher protein)
•¼ Cup Almond Flour
•¼ Cup Cacao Powder
•¼ Cup Nut Butter (I used Cashew butter)
•¼ Cup VitaFiberIMO Syrup (Can sub maple syrup/honey)
•¼ Cup Almond Milk
Mix together all dry ingredients in bowl and set aside. In medium saucepan heat nut butter and VitaFiber until smooth; stir in almond milk. Using spatula add nut butter mixture to dry ingredients and press together then use your hands to knead dough together (add more almond milk 1Tbsp at a time if too dry). Split dough into 12 even pieces or 24 if you want smaller pieces. Using your hands form each batter piece into egg shape, place on parchment paper and then store in fridge to firm. Coat in your favourite melted chocolate or make your own as below.
Macros: (12) *Large size
Calories: 98 | Carb: 10g (Fiber 6g/Sugar 1g) | Fat: 5g | Protein: 7g
(24 for smaller size – macros halved)
•¼ Cup Coconut Oil
•¼ Cup Cacao Powder
•2-4 Tbsp VitaFiberIMO Syrup (or maple syrup/honey/liquid sweetener)
Heat coconut oil to a liquid and stir in cacao powder and sweetener. Coat protein eggs and pour leftovers into molds or silicone muffin cups for a snack later.
Day 13 of Whole30 over here and I’m feeling amazing! Love Saturday and Sunday mornings because I have time to make yummy breakfasts like this one. This recipe is super simple too. Hope you enjoy!
Potato Patties with Smashed Avocado & Poached Eggs
• 5 cups grated potato (I used russet but any potato or sweet potato will work)
• 1 tsp sea salt
• ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
• ½ tsp onion powder (optional)
• 2 eggs, whisked
• ¼ cup almond flour
• 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
• 2 Tablespoons chives, chopped (you can also use dry)
• 2-3 tablespoons ghee or clarified butter
• 1 ripe large avocado, mashed
• Poached eggs 1 per patty
• Chives / parsley for garnish
1. Grate potatoes using food processor or box grater. Place potatoes in cheesecloth or paper towels/clean dish towel and squeeze out excess moisture (try and get as much moisture out as possible for crisper patties).
2. Place grated potatoes in a bowl. Add salt, pepper and onion powder and toss together. Add whisked eggs, almond flour, arrowroot powder and chives. Mix together until well combined.
3. Heat a pan over med-high heat. Add 1Tbsp ghee and heat pan until hot. Scoop ½ cup at a time of potato mixture and press down onto hot pan. Cook until golden brown about 3-4 minutes and flip, cook until brown again (turn pan down if it gets too hot). Remove and place on paper towel. Add more ghee to pan if needed for next batches. While potatoes cook mash avocado with a fork.
4. Poach your eggs (I use handy egg poacher). Click here for a good tutorial if you don’t know how to poach eggs or don’t have an egg poacher.
5. Top patties with mashed avocado and poached eggs. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and garnish with chives and parsley.
Yield 7 patties.
With back to school on the horizon LeanFit asked me to create a yummy snack that is completely nut free, under 8 ingredients and refined sugar free; challenge accepted! These are the perfect little snacks for you to pack for your children’s lunches and of course for yourself. With very minimal ingredients they are quick to whip up, no cooking required and delicious! Step by step instructions as follows and the recipe is at the end of this post. Hope you enjoy!
Get all your ingredients together.
Combine all dry ingredients.
Add banana and maple syrup.
Mash it all together.
If too dry add a little water.
Using ice cream scoop, portion onto parchment paper.
Place in Fridge to cool.
Banana Chocolate Energy Orbs
- 1-½ Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- ½ Cup + 2Tbsp Seeds (Pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds used)
- ¼ Cup Raw Cacao powder (Cocoa or Carob powder can be subbed)
- ½ Cup LeanFit Naturals Chocolate Whey Protein
- ¼ Cup Dried cranberries or choice of chopped dried fruit
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Medium Banana, mashed (Yield 2/3 cup mashed)
Combine oats, seeds, cacao powder, chocolate whey and cranberries; stir together until combined. Add maple syrup and mashed banana; mash together until well combined, add water 1Tbsp. at a time if too dry. Portion out onto parchment paper using ice cream scoop or ¼ cup and place in fridge to harden. Yield 10 orbs. Stores for 1-2 weeks in fridge or up to 2 days at room temperature.
This cookie is to die for! Best eaten fresh out of the oven with a scoop of your favourite ice cream! I used two 5″ small cast iron skillets but a standard large cast iron skillet will work as well. Alternatively you could use a 8×8 glass baking dish and slice into bars. I also added LeanFit completegreen protein powder for extra protein and VitaFiber IMO syrup for extra fiber. So happy with this recipe, definitely going to make again soon!
Top with ice cream!!
Banana PB Skillet Cookie
•½ Cup oat flour
•¼ Cup almond flour
•¼ Cup coconut flour
•½ Cup (50g) LeanFit Completegreen Protein
•1 tsp baking powder
•½ tsp cinnamon
•Pinch Himalayan pink salt
•2 Ripe bananas (appx. 2 cups mashed)
•⅓ Cup coconut oil, melted
•⅓ Cup peanut butter or choice of nut butter
•¼ Cup VitaFiber IMO Syrup or maple syrup
•1 Large egg
•2 Egg whites
•1 tsp vanilla extract
•½ cup dark chocolate, chopped or chips
Preheat oven to 325ºF, grease two 5” cast iron skillets or large cast iron skillet with coconut oil. Combine all dry ingredients in bowl and set aside. In separate bowl whisk all wet ingredients. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and fold in chocolate chips. Pour into two 5inch cast iron skillets or into one large skillet. Sprinkle extra chocolate on top and bake in preheated oven for 20-22 minutes. Eat right away and save extras for up to a week in fridge. I was able to get 12 servings. These could also be made into bars by using a 8×8 glass baking dish.
*Update – I remade in my large cast iron skillet and turned out great!
Happy Easter! Carrot cake is always in order around this time of the year! I made this one gluten free using oat flour and an extra kick of protein adding LeanFit whey protein. Recipe below.
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1½ Cup Oat Flour
- 2 Scoops (64g) LeanFit Vanilla 100% Whey Protein
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Granulated Sweetener (I used ¼ Cup coconut palm sugar & ¼Cup VitaFiberIMO powdered sugar)
- 1/3 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 Cup Crushed Walnuts
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrot, packed
- 2/3 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil, Melted
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Large Egg
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 8×8 dish with parchment paper or grease. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside (add cranberries, walnuts & shredded carrot in after all combined). In separate bowl whisk together all wet ingredients then pour into dry ingredients, mixing with spatula until just combined. Pour into prepared dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
- 250g Light Cream Cheese
- 1 Scoop (32g) LeanFit Vanilla 100% Whey Protein
- 2-4 Tbsp Almond Milk or choice
- Maple syrup if you like a little sweeter
With hand mixer beat together ingredients until smooth, starting with 2 Tbsp milk and adding more to get right consistency. Frost carrot cake and top with extra crushed walnuts if desired. Slice into 12 squares. Enjoy!
Macros: (Includes frosting)
Calories: 232 | Carb: 22g (7g fiber/11g sugar) | Fat: 11g | Protein: 10g