Day 13 of Whole30 over here and I’m feeling amazing! Love Saturday and Sunday mornings because I have time to make yummy breakfasts like this one. This recipe is super simple too. Hope you enjoy!
Potato Patties with Smashed Avocado & Poached Eggs
• 5 cups grated potato (I used russet but any potato or sweet potato will work)
• 1 tsp sea salt
• ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
• ½ tsp onion powder (optional)
• 2 eggs, whisked
• ¼ cup almond flour
• 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
• 2 Tablespoons chives, chopped (you can also use dry)
• 2-3 tablespoons ghee or clarified butter
• 1 ripe large avocado, mashed
• Poached eggs 1 per patty
• Chives / parsley for garnish
1. Grate potatoes using food processor or box grater. Place potatoes in cheesecloth or paper towels/clean dish towel and squeeze out excess moisture (try and get as much moisture out as possible for crisper patties).
2. Place grated potatoes in a bowl. Add salt, pepper and onion powder and toss together. Add whisked eggs, almond flour, arrowroot powder and chives. Mix together until well combined.
3. Heat a pan over med-high heat. Add 1Tbsp ghee and heat pan until hot. Scoop ½ cup at a time of potato mixture and press down onto hot pan. Cook until golden brown about 3-4 minutes and flip, cook until brown again (turn pan down if it gets too hot). Remove and place on paper towel. Add more ghee to pan if needed for next batches. While potatoes cook mash avocado with a fork.
4. Poach your eggs (I use handy egg poacher). Click here for a good tutorial if you don’t know how to poach eggs or don’t have an egg poacher.
5. Top patties with mashed avocado and poached eggs. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and garnish with chives and parsley.
Yield 7 patties.
With back to school on the horizon LeanFit asked me to create a yummy snack that is completely nut free, under 8 ingredients and refined sugar free; challenge accepted! These are the perfect little snacks for you to pack for your children’s lunches and of course for yourself. With very minimal ingredients they are quick to whip up, no cooking required and delicious! Step by step instructions as follows and the recipe is at the end of this post. Hope you enjoy!
Get all your ingredients together.
Combine all dry ingredients.
Add banana and maple syrup.
Mash it all together.
If too dry add a little water.
Using ice cream scoop, portion onto parchment paper.
Place in Fridge to cool.
Banana Chocolate Energy Orbs
- 1-½ Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- ½ Cup + 2Tbsp Seeds (Pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds used)
- ¼ Cup Raw Cacao powder (Cocoa or Carob powder can be subbed)
- ½ Cup LeanFit Naturals Chocolate Whey Protein
- ¼ Cup Dried cranberries or choice of chopped dried fruit
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Medium Banana, mashed (Yield 2/3 cup mashed)
Combine oats, seeds, cacao powder, chocolate whey and cranberries; stir together until combined. Add maple syrup and mashed banana; mash together until well combined, add water 1Tbsp. at a time if too dry. Portion out onto parchment paper using ice cream scoop or ¼ cup and place in fridge to harden. Yield 10 orbs. Stores for 1-2 weeks in fridge or up to 2 days at room temperature.
This cookie is to die for! Best eaten fresh out of the oven with a scoop of your favourite ice cream! I used two 5″ small cast iron skillets but a standard large cast iron skillet will work as well. Alternatively you could use a 8×8 glass baking dish and slice into bars. I also added LeanFit completegreen protein powder for extra protein and VitaFiber IMO syrup for extra fiber. So happy with this recipe, definitely going to make again soon!
Top with ice cream!!
Banana PB Skillet Cookie
•½ Cup oat flour
•¼ Cup almond flour
•¼ Cup coconut flour
•½ Cup (50g) LeanFit Completegreen Protein
•1 tsp baking powder
•½ tsp cinnamon
•Pinch Himalayan pink salt
•2 Ripe bananas (appx. 2 cups mashed)
•⅓ Cup coconut oil, melted
•⅓ Cup peanut butter or choice of nut butter
•¼ Cup VitaFiber IMO Syrup or maple syrup
•1 Large egg
•2 Egg whites
•1 tsp vanilla extract
•½ cup dark chocolate, chopped or chips
Preheat oven to 325ºF, grease two 5” cast iron skillets or large cast iron skillet with coconut oil. Combine all dry ingredients in bowl and set aside. In separate bowl whisk all wet ingredients. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and fold in chocolate chips. Pour into two 5inch cast iron skillets or into one large skillet. Sprinkle extra chocolate on top and bake in preheated oven for 20-22 minutes. Eat right away and save extras for up to a week in fridge. I was able to get 12 servings. These could also be made into bars by using a 8×8 glass baking dish.
Happy Easter! Carrot cake is always in order around this time of the year! I made this one gluten free using oat flour and an extra kick of protein adding LeanFit whey protein. Recipe below.
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1½ Cup Oat Flour
- 2 Scoops (64g) LeanFit Vanilla 100% Whey Protein
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Granulated Sweetener (I used ¼ Cup coconut palm sugar & ¼Cup VitaFiberIMO powdered sugar)
- 1/3 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 Cup Crushed Walnuts
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrot, packed
- 2/3 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil, Melted
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Large Egg
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 8×8 dish with parchment paper or grease. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside (add cranberries, walnuts & shredded carrot in after all combined). In separate bowl whisk together all wet ingredients then pour into dry ingredients, mixing with spatula until just combined. Pour into prepared dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
- 250g Light Cream Cheese
- 1 Scoop (32g) LeanFit Vanilla 100% Whey Protein
- 2-4 Tbsp Almond Milk or choice
- Maple syrup if you like a little sweeter
With hand mixer beat together ingredients until smooth, starting with 2 Tbsp milk and adding more to get right consistency. Frost carrot cake and top with extra crushed walnuts if desired. Slice into 12 squares. Enjoy!
Macros: (Includes frosting)
Calories: 232 | Carb: 22g (7g fiber/11g sugar) | Fat: 11g | Protein: 10g
One thing I’ve always wanted to make was Pho and during my 4th Whole30 was the first time!
I had a large batch of bone broth that I made the weekend before that had to be used so this was the perfect time.
Instead of rice noodles in traditional Pho I used zucchini “noodles” to make this Whole30 compliant. Of course you can use rice noodles if you are not following Whole30. I use a spiralizer but if you have a julienne peeler that works great too!
- 1 Chunk (thumb size) fresh Ginger, peeled and sliced into chunks
- 3 Garlic cloves, sliced in half
- 3 Whole star anise
- 2 Whole cloves
- ½ Cinnamon stick
- 10 Peppercorns
- 5 Cups Bone broth or whole30 approved broth
- 12oz cooked, thinly sliced pork sirloin (alternate chicken or beef sirloin)
- ½ Cup Shitake mushrooms, chopped (alternate white or brown mushrooms)
- 1 Cup Bok choy, chopped (alternate kale or spinach)
- ½ Yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ½ Jalapeno, thinly sliced (seeds removed if you don’t like spicy)
- 1 Medium Zucchini, spiralized or julienned
- Cilantro and lime for garnish
- Place ginger, garlic, star anise, cloves, cinnamon stick and peppercorns in large pot with a splash of broth and cook over medium heat until fragrant about 3-5 minutes. Add remaining broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Thinly slice your pork or protein of choice (unless you have some already cooked). I seasoned mine with a little salt, pepper and ground ginger.
- Strain the broth removing all the spices and return broth to medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, bok choy, onion and jalapeno and cook for about 10-20 minutes until veggies are soft and flavours develop.
- Spiralize or julienne your zucchini and place into serving bowls.
- Ladle soup into bowls over “zoodles” and top with fresh cilantro and lime. Optional add some bean sprouts too!
Hope you enjoy as much as I did. I had leftovers for lunch!
Super easy donuts! High in protein and low carb too! Recipe below 😋
Pumpkin Protein Donuts
•½ Cup Vanilla Whey LeanFit Protein
•¼ Cup Coconut flour
•½ tsp Baking powder
•½ tsp Cinnamon
•1/8 tsp each ground nutmeg, ginger, cloves, all spice (or ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice)
•1Tbsp VitaFiber IMO Powder or sweetener of choice/omit
•½ Cup Pumpkin puree
•1/3 Cup Unsweet applesauce
•1/3 Cup Liquid egg whites
•1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
•½ Brick (125g) fat free cream cheese
•2Tbsp VitaFiber IMO powder or sweetener of choice
•½ Scoop Vanilla Whey LeanFit Protein
Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease donut pan. Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl and mix until well combined. Add wet ingredients and whisk together until well combined. Transfer batter to medium zip lock bag or piping bag and pipe into prepared donut pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until toothpick comes clean. Let cool on wire rack and place in fridge to cool further before icing. Whisk together icing ingredients with hand mixer until smooth. Ice donuts and add sprinkles if desired.
Macros: (Includes toppings)
Calories: 119 | Fat: 2g | Carb: 15g (9g fiber/4g sugar) | Protein: 15g
A healthy version of rice krispy treats! It’s high in protein and fiber too .. bonus!!
Protein Krispy Treats
•½ Cup natural peanut butter
•½ Cup (175g) VitaFiber IMO Syrup (Can sub honey/rice syrup ect.)
•1 tsp pure vanilla extract
•1 Scoop (32g) LeanFit Protein Vanilla whey protein powder
•2-½ Cups puffed rice cereal Natures Path Organic
•2 Tbsp coconut oil
•1 Tbsp cocoa powder
•1 tsp VitaFiber IMO Syrup (Can sub honey/rice syrup ect.)
•¼ Cup dark chocolate chips
•1 Scoop (32g) LeanFit Protein Chocolate whey protein powder
Grease 8×8 glass dish with coconut oil or line with parchment paper and set
aside. Combine peanut butter, VitaFiber syrup and vanilla in saucepan over medium heat, stir until smooth; about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in protein powder until smooth, add puffed rice cereal and stir until combined. Press into prepared pan and set aside. In same saucepan add coconut oil, cocoa powder, chocolate chips and VitaFiber (it’s ok if there is some PB residue left) and stir until melted over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in protein powder until smooth. Spread evenly over puffed rice mixture and place in fridge to harden for at least 30 minutes before slicing. Keep in fridge for up to a week, they do keep at room temperature but not as long.
Macros per square: Yield 16
Calories: 136 | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Carb: 20g