I’ve been experimenting a lot in the kitchen lately with VitaFiber IMO and LeanFit Protein. If you are not sure what VitaFiber IMO is please click the hyperlink above and check their website out for all the details on this low calorie probiotic sweetener!
Now for the recipe, I used a gingersnap crust for this recipe but you can use any crust you like.
Pumpkin Protein Cheesecake Squares
•250g Gingersnap Cookies
•½ Cup Walnuts
•¼ Cup Coconut oil, melted
•1Tbsp. VitaFiber Syrup (Can sub with any other sweetener)
•500g Fat free cream cheese
•¾ Cup 1% Cottage cheese
•½ Cup Pure pumpkin puree
•¼ Cup Almond milk (Can sub with any milk of choice)
•½ Cup VitaFiber Syrup (Can sub with any other sweetener)
•1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
•1 Tbsp Fresh squeezed lemon juice
•¾ Cup (85g) LeanFit Whey protein powder
•1 tsp cinnamon
•¼ tsp each Ginger, cloves, nutmeg & all spice (or use 1tsp pumpkin pie spice)
•2 Egg whites
- Preheat oven to 300ºF. Line 8×8 glass dish with tinfoil or parchment paper, wrapping all the way up to top over edges and grease sides with coconut oil.
- In food processor pulse gingersnap cookies until large crumbs, add walnuts and pulse until fine crumbs, then add melted coconut oil and VitaFiber, pulse until just combined. Press into prepared dish and place in fridge. Wash food processor.
- In clean food processor combine cream cheese, cottage cheese, pumpkin, almond milk, VitaFiber syrup, vanilla and lemon; process until smooth scraping sides as needed. Add whey protein powder, cinnamon and seasonings and process until smooth. While food processor is still running add egg and egg whites, process for 10 seconds and turn off. Pour filling over prepared crust.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool 2 hours before placing in fridge overnight.
- Remove from fridge and slice into 16 squares. Serve with toppings as desired. I used caramel and walnuts.
Macros: (Yield 16 squares)
Calories: 217 | Fat: 9g | Carb: 18g (fiber 13g / sugar 8g) | Protein: 12g
A healthy version of rice krispy treats! It’s high in protein and fiber too .. bonus!!
Protein Krispy Treats
•½ Cup natural peanut butter
•½ Cup (175g) VitaFiber IMO Syrup (Can sub honey/rice syrup ect.)
•1 tsp pure vanilla extract
•1 Scoop (32g) LeanFit Protein Vanilla whey protein powder
•2-½ Cups puffed rice cereal Natures Path Organic
•2 Tbsp coconut oil
•1 Tbsp cocoa powder
•1 tsp VitaFiber IMO Syrup (Can sub honey/rice syrup ect.)
•¼ Cup dark chocolate chips
•1 Scoop (32g) LeanFit Protein Chocolate whey protein powder
Grease 8×8 glass dish with coconut oil or line with parchment paper and set
aside. Combine peanut butter, VitaFiber syrup and vanilla in saucepan over medium heat, stir until smooth; about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in protein powder until smooth, add puffed rice cereal and stir until combined. Press into prepared pan and set aside. In same saucepan add coconut oil, cocoa powder, chocolate chips and VitaFiber (it’s ok if there is some PB residue left) and stir until melted over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in protein powder until smooth. Spread evenly over puffed rice mixture and place in fridge to harden for at least 30 minutes before slicing. Keep in fridge for up to a week, they do keep at room temperature but not as long.
Macros per square: Yield 16
Calories: 136 | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Carb: 20g
A healthy tootsie roll? That taste better than the real thing and is so simple to make? Yes I have the recipe for you!
Halloween is full of candy and sugar, why not make something that you don’t have to feel guilty about giving your kids and yourself of course!
After you combine all your ingredients you should be able to form a round ball.
Roll flat with rolling pin or tall glass to abot 1/2″ thick.
Then slice horizontally in 1/2″ strips.
Then slice again into about 1-1/2″ pieces (preferred size of your tootsies).
I joined some of the end pieces to get right size. Form tootsies using your hands into round rectangular pieces.
Place in fridge to firm up and wrap in individual papers if desired (I cut wax paper up and twisted ends).
Protein Tootsie Rolls
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder (I used Camino Dutch-Processed)
- ½ Cup LeanFit Chocolate 100% Whey protein powder (appx. 1 heaping scoop)
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut flour
- 1 tsp. Granulated stevia (I used Truvia)
- 1/8 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- ¼ Cup (60g) VitaFiber syrup (*honey can be subbed)
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- ½ tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- In medium bowl mix cocoa powder, whey powder, coconut flour, stevia and salt and set aside.
- In small saucepan heat up VitaFiber syrup over medium heat until bubbles form, add coconut oil and vanilla and mix, pour into dry ingredients and with spatula fold ingredients together until you get a dough.
- Place dough onto wax/parchment paper and knead with your hand until firm, roll flat with rolling pin or large glass; about ½ an inch thick.
- Slice into 1/2″ strips then slice creating tootsie roll sized pieces about 1-1/2″, the ends may need to be joined with other end pieces to create same shape. Form pieces with your hands rolling on flat surface to get desired shape.
- Store in fridge and roll in individual papers if desired.
Yield: 42 Pieces
Macros per 1 piece (using VitaFiber)
Calories: 17 | Carb: 2g (1g Fiber/0g Sugar) | Fat: 1g | Protein: 1g
Macros per 6 pieces
Calories: 105 | Carb: 12g | Fat: 5g | Protein: 8g
*Note: I have tried this recipe with honey instead of VitaFiber with almost exact results, please note the macronutrients will alter and the flovour too.