These are by far the best chicken nuggets I have ever had! This recipe is a must try. Prepare the BBQ sauce first.
- 1 Pound ground chicken
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 cup almond flour (or preferred flour)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In bowl combine 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 cup coconut and salt & pepper, mix to combine.
- In separate bowl combine the ground chicken, 1/2 cup flour, onion powder, garlic powder, egg yolk and salt & pepper. Mix well until everything is incorporated.
- In sauté pan, melt coconut oil on medium heat. Take about 2Tbsp work of chicken mixture and form into a nugget and then coat with the coconut and almond mixture. Repeat with remaining chicken. You should make about 15-18 chicken nuggets..
- In small batches place nuggets into heated coconut oil and cook on each side for about 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer nuggets to a parchment lined bake pan and place in oven for 4-5 minutes to allow chicken to cook through. Repeat with remaining nuggets.
“BBQ” Sauce Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 sm. 156ml can organic tomato paste
- 4Tbsp shallots, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2tsp mustard powder
- 1/2tsp paprika
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/4tsp pepper
- 1Tbsp coconut oil
- Heat coconut oil in sauté pan over medium heat.
- Place minced shallots and garlic in sauce pan until soft.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool if desired.
Duplicated many times more 👇🏽👇🏽
👇🏽While on Keto