And another protein truffle recipe for you because it’s Christmas week aka truffle week 😂 Today’s truffles are chocolate mint! Because chocolate and mint are bomb .com ✌
Chocolate Mint Protein Truffles
•1/2 cup sunbutter or nut/seed butter of choice
•1/3 cup LeanFit Protein Chocolate whey
•1/3 cup ground flax seed
•3 Medjool dates
•1Tbsp VitaFiber IMO syrup or maple syrup/honey
•2 Tbsp cocoa powder
•1/2 tsp pure mint extract
Process all ingredients in food processor. Form balls with hands. Drizzle with chocolate if desired. Yield 12.
I had a vision in my mind what these would look like and they turned out just right! Coconut chocolate protein peanut butter cups. Dark chocolate bottom, protein peanut butter center and coconut butter topping these fat bombs are awesome! Recipe below 😘
•1/3 Cup Chopped 70% dark chocolate
•1 tsp Coconut oil
•¼ Cup natural peanut butter
•2 Tbsp LeanFit Protein chocolate whey (use plant based for vegan)
•1 Tbsp almond milk
•1 Cup Coconut butter
•1 Tbsp Maple syrup
•½ tsp Pure vanilla extract
1. Prepare 12 mini muffin liners in pan. In double boiler melt chocolate and coconut oil. Divide equally between the 12 cups bringing chocolate up the sides half way, place in freezer to harden.
2. Prepare center ingredients in small bowl, mash together with fork until you get a dough like consistency, equally make 12 small balls with dough (if you have hard PB heat up in small saucepan slightly). Remove chocolate from freezer and place 12 dough balls in each cup, pressing down flat.
3. Prepare top ingredients in double boiler until smooth, divide evenly over top of 12 cups. Sprinkle with shredded coconut, chopped chocolate or cacao nibs if desired. Place in fridge or freezer to harden then remove liners. Store in fridge.
Finally I got myself a bundt cake pan! It’s about time haha! So my for my first cake I wanted to try an oat flour cake plus I had some really ripe bananas so added those too and of course I added cacao powder for the chocolate! I also used VitaFiber powder for extra fiber, if you haven’t tried check it out here VitaFiber
Banana Bundt Cake
• 3 medium ripe bananas (appx. 2-1/2 to 3 Cups mashed)
• 2 Tbsp Honey
• 1/3 Cup plain greek yogurt
• ¾ Cup Almond milk or milk of choice
• 2 Eggs
• 2 Egg Whites
• 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 3 Cups Oat flour
• ½ Cup Cacao Powder
• ¼ Cup VitaFiber Powder (Sub for granulated sweetener)
• 2 Tbsp baking powder
• 2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease/flour bundt pan (I used cacao powder after greasing with coconut oil – do not skip this step!).
2. Mash Bananas in bowl then whisk in honey, greek yogurt, almond milk,
eggs and vanilla until well combined.
3. Mix together flour, cacao powder, sweetener, baking powder and
cinnamon. Add dry to wet ingredients and stir until no clumps left.
4. Pour into greased bundt pan and bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
5. Let cake cool and turn onto serving dish and drizzle with chocolate and fruit if desired (My chocolate drizzle is 1/4C of heated almond milk poured over 1/4C chocolate chips and stirred until melted, for a thicker ganache use 1/3C chocolate chips).
Notes: Nuts, chocolate chips or dried fruit would work well stirred into
Make sure you grease your pan and dust with flour or cacao powder.
And it will pop out nice and easy!
Drizzle with chocolate!
Hope you enjoy!
I look forward to Saturday’s as I always make pancakes! I came up with these last week and eyeballed everything so I didn’t have a recipe, so by request I made them again and wrote down the ingredients! Here is the recipe↓↓
Serves 2 (appx. 10 pancakes)
•1C Oat flour
•1/2C Spelt flour *(see notes below for options)
•1tsp baking powder
•1-2Tbsp xylitol or raw sugar of choice
•1-1/2 scoops of chocolate protein powder
•2Tbsp cocao powder
•1-1/2C unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
•1/2C cold brewed coffee (can use more a.milk instead if don’t have coffee)
•1/2Tbsp chia seeds
•2Tbsp vegan chocolate chips (optional)
*You can use all oat flour or all spelt flour if desired or switch measurements around, also whole wheat flour will work.
Mix all dry ingredients together until well combined, add all wet ingredients and mix until well combined then add chia seeds and chocolate chips.
Preheat pan and spray with cooking spray or oil of choice. Spoon appx. 1/4C of mixture into pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
Now for the chocolate topping! Easy peasy.
•1Tbsp dark chocolate peanut butter melted (or any nut butter of choice)
•1Tbsp cocao powder
•3-4Tbsp unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
•1tsp raw honey
▶Melt peanut butter, add all other ingredients and whisk with fork until well combined, be patient it will mix. Depending on how thick you like your sauce you can add more or less milk, I used 4Tbsp as I like mine more liquidy. Drizzle over stacked pancakes and top with 1 square of Lindt 85% dark cocao bar chopped.