This bread is very light tasting and not too sweet either. I used plain unflavored LeanFit 100% whey powder and VitaFiber powder for extra fiber and protein. This snack is perfect for breakfast too with maybe some nut butter slathered on. I also have as a pre or post workout snack. The macros are great! Recipe below.
•2 Large bananas
•6 Egg whites (3/4 cup liquid)
•½ cup almond milk or choice
•1 tsp pure vanilla extract
•2 scoops (62g) Plain LeanFit 100% Whey Protein
•2 Tbsp coconut flour
•¾ cup oat flour (ground oats)
•1/3 cup VitaFiber powder or choice (xylitol/coconut sugar/stevia)
•1 tsp cinnamon
•1 tsp baking powder
Optional: Chopped walnuts
Line loaf pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Mash bananas in large bowl, whisk in eggs, almond milk and vanilla until well combined. In separate bowl combine all dry ingredients. Add dry to went and whisk together until well combined, stir in ¼ – ½ cup chopped walnuts if desired. Pour into prepared pan and bake for approximately 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and serve. Serves 8-10.
Macros: (For 8 servings, no walnuts & using VitaFiber)
Calories: 157 | Carb: 19g (15g Fiber/4g Sugar) | Fat: 3g | Protein: 11g
Finally I got myself a bundt cake pan! It’s about time haha! So my for my first cake I wanted to try an oat flour cake plus I had some really ripe bananas so added those too and of course I added cacao powder for the chocolate! I also used VitaFiber powder for extra fiber, if you haven’t tried check it out here VitaFiber
Banana Bundt Cake
• 3 medium ripe bananas (appx. 2-1/2 to 3 Cups mashed)
• 2 Tbsp Honey
• 1/3 Cup plain greek yogurt
• ¾ Cup Almond milk or milk of choice
• 2 Eggs
• 2 Egg Whites
• 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 3 Cups Oat flour
• ½ Cup Cacao Powder
• ¼ Cup VitaFiber Powder (Sub for granulated sweetener)
• 2 Tbsp baking powder
• 2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease/flour bundt pan (I used cacao powder after greasing with coconut oil – do not skip this step!).
2. Mash Bananas in bowl then whisk in honey, greek yogurt, almond milk,
eggs and vanilla until well combined.
3. Mix together flour, cacao powder, sweetener, baking powder and
cinnamon. Add dry to wet ingredients and stir until no clumps left.
4. Pour into greased bundt pan and bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
5. Let cake cool and turn onto serving dish and drizzle with chocolate and fruit if desired (My chocolate drizzle is 1/4C of heated almond milk poured over 1/4C chocolate chips and stirred until melted, for a thicker ganache use 1/3C chocolate chips).
Notes: Nuts, chocolate chips or dried fruit would work well stirred into
Make sure you grease your pan and dust with flour or cacao powder.
And it will pop out nice and easy!
Drizzle with chocolate!
Hope you enjoy!