Looking for a quick energy pick me up, be sure to make these! I made them a few days before giving birth to my first child and they are lifesavers for when you need a quick snack. Of course you don’t need to be pregnant or postpartum to enjoy these yummy bites. When researching recipes for these balls the most common ingredients are oats, peanut butter, honey and flax seed. I opted to add some protein powder to mine as I like the extra protein boost.
Here is the recipe:
Lactation Energy Balls
- 1 Cup creamy nut butter (I used half peanut and half almond butter)
- 2⁄3 Cup raw honey
- 2 Cups old fashioned oats
- ½ Cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ Cup LeanFit CompleteGreen Organic protein powder
- ¼ Cup shredded coconut
- 2⁄3 Cup chocolate chips
- Combine nut butter and honey until smooth (heat nut butter if hard). Combine all dry ingredients together and add to nut butter/honey mixture and mix with spatula/wooden spoon until well combined. Using small cookie scoop or your hands roll into small tablespoon sized balls. Place on parchment lined dish. Store in fridge or freezer.
Yield: 50 Tablespoon size balls
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! 🍀💚🍀
Mint Oreo Protein Cheesecake Bars
- 300g (22 cookies) Mint Oreo cookies
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut oil, melted
- 500g cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 3 egg whites
- ⅓ cup Xylitol
- 1½ scoop (48g) LeanFit vanilla whey isolate
- 1 tsp pure peppermint extract
- Green food colouring (about 8-10 drops)
- Melted chocolate for drizzling if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Process Oreo cookies in food processor until they resemble fine
crumbs. Add the 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil and pulse a couple
times until combined. Pour crumbs into prepared baking dish and press down lightly with back of a spoon until you have an even layer.
3. Bake crust in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare cheesecake by beating cream cheese and Greek yogurt until smooth and creamy. Add in the egg, egg whites, xylitol and protein powder and beat again until smooth. Add peppermint extract and add a few drops of green food colouring and beat again adding more green food colouring to get desired colour.
5. Pour cheesecake filling over baked crust and bake again for 35 – 40
minutes or until the cheesecake is slightly wobbly in the center.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool at room temperature. Place in
fridge for at least 3 hours before slicing into bars.
7. Drizzle bars with melted chocolate if desired.
8. Store covered in fridge for up to 7 days.
Made these yummy treats for Valentine’s Day this year. They turned out great, a perfect healthy treat ❤ Recipe 👇🏽
Coconut Raspberry Chocolate Cups
•½ cup almonds/walnuts
•⅓ cup flaked coconut
•2Tbsp cacao powder
•¼ cup LeanFit vanilla whey protein powder
•10 medjool dates (or 15 noor dates, soaked)
•¼ cup coconut oil, melted
•1 cup frozen raspberries
•⅔ cup flaked coconut
•¼ cup LeanFit vanilla whey protein powder
•2Tbsp maple syrup
•2Tbsp melted coconut oil
•100g chocolate + 1Tbsp coconut oil
Line 12 tin muffin tray with paper liners. For the base layer combine nuts and coconut in food processor until small little bits, add remaining ingredients and process until well combined and you get dough texture. Press evenly into lined muffin tin. Process middle layer ingredients in food processor until well combined and press onto base layer. Melt chocolate and spread evenly over cups. Place in fridge to harden. Store in fridge.
Gingerbread Protein Donuts
• ½ Cup oat flour
• 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
• 2 Tbsp. granulated sweetener of choice (I used coconut sugar)
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• ¼ tsp ground ginger
• ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
• ¼ tsp ground cloves
• 1 Scoop (34g) vanilla plant-based protein powder (I use LeanFit Organic CompleteGreens)
• 1 Egg
• ½ Cup unsweetened almond milk
• 1 Tbsp. applesauce
• 2 Tbsp molasses
• 1 scoop (31g) vanilla whey protein powder (I use LeanFit)
• ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
• 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
• ¼ tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 325ºF and lightly grease donut pan. Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl until well combined. In separate bowl whisk together wet ingredients until well combined. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk together until well incorporated. Using piping bag or Ziploc bag with corner cut, pipe batter into prepared donut pan. Bake for 10-14 minutes until donuts are firm. Let cool and prepare icing ingredients. Once donuts are cooled apply icing and sprinkles if desired.
Looking for the perfect healthy cookie that even your children will love? Look no further, these cookies are melt in your mouth deliciousness! My friends 5yr old kept wanting more!
Ginger Protein Cookies
• 1½ cups oat flour (finely ground oats)
• ¾ cup LeanFit CompleteGreens protein powder (about 3 scoops)
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 2 tsp. ground ginger
• ½ tsp. cinnamon
• ½ tsp. allspice
• ½ tsp. pink Himalayan salt
• ½ cup coconut oil, melted
• ¼ cup un-sulphured molasses
• ⅔ cup coconut sugar
• 1 large egg, room temperature
• 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
• Granulated sugar for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In large bowl sift together flour, protein powder, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, allspice and salt; set aside.
3. In medium bowl mix together coconut oil, molasses and coconut sugar with hand mixer until smooth. Whisk in egg and beat until fluffy (make sure egg is at room temperature or your coconut oil will clump). Fold in grated ginger.
4. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients until well combined.
5. Using small cookie scoop or tablespoon portion cookie dough and roll into balls with your hands, roll in sugar and place onto parchment paper spacing about 1½ inches apart from each other, gently press dough down with your hands or the bottom of a cup.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 6-8 minutes. Let cool slightly on pan before removing to cool further on wire rack.
7. Yield 30.
Since it’s October I’ve got pumpkin on my mind! These little bites are delicious and taste just like pumpkin pie cookie dough 🎃
Pumpkin Cookie Dough Balls
•½ cup pure pumpkin puree
•¼ cup coconut oil, melted
•⅓ cup maple syrup
•¾ cup Coconut flour
•½ cup LeanFit vanilla whey isolate
•1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
•¼ tsp salt
•¼ cup chocolate chips
Whisk together wet ingredients in small bowl and set aside (make sure
pumpkin and maple syrup are at room temperature when you add the coconut oil to prevent it from clumping). Combine all dry ingredients except for chocolate chips in medium size bowl, add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold together until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips and place batter in fridge for 20 minutes to harden. Using small cookie scoop or tablespoon portion balls onto parchment lined dish. Store in fridge.
Yield 28-30 small balls.
It’s officially blackberry season and I have some growing right outside my front door. They grow like weeds around here, but I’m not complaining! These crumble bars are the perfect healthy treat, not too sweet and the blackberries give it a nice tart kick. Hope you enjoy!
Blackberry Crumble Bars
•¼ Cup coconut flour
•½ cup oat flour
•½ cup large flake oats + 2Tbsp for topping
•2 scoops LeanFit Organic CompleteGreen protein powder
•¼ cup coconut sugar
•1 tsp cinnamon
•½ tsp baking powder
•½ cup Greek yogurt
•2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
•1 tsp pure vanilla extract
•2 cups blackberries
•1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
•1 Tbsp coconut sugar
Line 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350ºF. In
large bowl combine all dry ingredients and set aside. In medium bowl whisk together wet ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and fold together with spatula until all ingredients are incorporated and you have a dough like consistency. Reserve ½ cup of this dough for crumble topping. Press remaining dough down into parchment lined dish. In another bowl toss together the filling ingredients and pour evenly over pressed down dough, crumble reserved ½ cup of dough over top of berries and sprinkle with 1-2 Tbsp of oats, press down gently. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes. Let cool completely and slice into 12 bars. Store in fridge for up to 5 days.
Macros (Yield 12):
Calories: 104 | Protein: 7g | Carb: 16g (Fiber 3g/Sugar 7g) | Fat: 2g