I’m all about the pumpkin lately 🎃 well it is fall after all. These cookies turned out so soft and chewy, definitely a new favourite! Recipe below.
Pumpkin Protein Cookies 🎃
•1½ Cups flour (I used half oat flour & half all purpose whole wheat)
•½ Cup LeanFit CompleteGreen protein powder
•1 tsp cinnamon
•½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
•2 tsp baking powder
•Pinch pink Himalayan salt
•½ cup coconut oil
•½ cup coconut sugar
•2 egg whites or 1 whole egg/flax egg
•1 tsp pure vanilla extract
•1 Cup pumpkin puree
•¼ Cup each pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl and set
aside. Beat together coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth, add egg
whites and vanilla and beat together, add pumpkin puree and beat again until
smooth. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. Stir
in pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips. Portion cookies onto parchment lined
baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Pumpkin balls in my new cute pumpkin ramkin 🎃 These balls were so delicious they didn’t last long! Recipe below⬇️
Pumpkin Protein Balls 🎃
•½ cup natural peanut butter (can sub with any nut/seed butter)
•½ cup pure pumpkin puree
•¼ cup VitaFiber IMO syrup*
•¾ cup large flake oats
•¼ cup oat flour
•2 Scoops (60g) LeanFit CompleteGreen protein powder
•1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl and set aside. In saucepan over medium heat melt together peanut butter and syrup *(VitaFiber syrup can be subbed with any sticky sweetener such as honey or maple syrup, macros will change) until smooth, remove from heat and stir in pumpkin puree until smooth (you can skip the heating if you have smooth enough nut butter). Add peanut butter mixture to dry ingredients and mash together with a fork until well combined. Roll into balls and place on parchment lined dish (I used a small cookie dough scoop to make my balls – so easy!). Place in fridge to harden up. I was able to get 32 balls with my small scoop, portion as you like.
With back to school on the horizon LeanFit asked me to create a yummy snack that is completely nut free, under 8 ingredients and refined sugar free; challenge accepted! These are the perfect little snacks for you to pack for your children’s lunches and of course for yourself. With very minimal ingredients they are quick to whip up, no cooking required and delicious! Step by step instructions as follows and the recipe is at the end of this post. Hope you enjoy!
Get all your ingredients together.
Combine all dry ingredients.
Add banana and maple syrup.
Mash it all together.
If too dry add a little water.
Using ice cream scoop, portion onto parchment paper.
Place in Fridge to cool.
Banana Chocolate Energy Orbs
- 1-½ Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- ½ Cup + 2Tbsp Seeds (Pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds used)
- ¼ Cup Raw Cacao powder (Cocoa or Carob powder can be subbed)
- ½ Cup LeanFit Naturals Chocolate Whey Protein
- ¼ Cup Dried cranberries or choice of chopped dried fruit
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Medium Banana, mashed (Yield 2/3 cup mashed)
Combine oats, seeds, cacao powder, chocolate whey and cranberries; stir together until combined. Add maple syrup and mashed banana; mash together until well combined, add water 1Tbsp. at a time if too dry. Portion out onto parchment paper using ice cream scoop or ¼ cup and place in fridge to harden. Yield 10 orbs. Stores for 1-2 weeks in fridge or up to 2 days at room temperature.
Happy Easter! Carrot cake is always in order around this time of the year! I made this one gluten free using oat flour and an extra kick of protein adding LeanFit whey protein. Recipe below.
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1½ Cup Oat Flour
- 2 Scoops (64g) LeanFit Vanilla 100% Whey Protein
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Granulated Sweetener (I used ¼ Cup coconut palm sugar & ¼Cup VitaFiberIMO powdered sugar)
- 1/3 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 Cup Crushed Walnuts
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrot, packed
- 2/3 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil, Melted
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Large Egg
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 8×8 dish with parchment paper or grease. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside (add cranberries, walnuts & shredded carrot in after all combined). In separate bowl whisk together all wet ingredients then pour into dry ingredients, mixing with spatula until just combined. Pour into prepared dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
- 250g Light Cream Cheese
- 1 Scoop (32g) LeanFit Vanilla 100% Whey Protein
- 2-4 Tbsp Almond Milk or choice
- Maple syrup if you like a little sweeter
With hand mixer beat together ingredients until smooth, starting with 2 Tbsp milk and adding more to get right consistency. Frost carrot cake and top with extra crushed walnuts if desired. Slice into 12 squares. Enjoy!
Macros: (Includes frosting)
Calories: 232 | Carb: 22g (7g fiber/11g sugar) | Fat: 11g | Protein: 10g
One thing I’ve always wanted to make was Pho and during my 4th Whole30 was the first time!
I had a large batch of bone broth that I made the weekend before that had to be used so this was the perfect time.
Instead of rice noodles in traditional Pho I used zucchini “noodles” to make this Whole30 compliant. Of course you can use rice noodles if you are not following Whole30. I use a spiralizer but if you have a julienne peeler that works great too!
- 1 Chunk (thumb size) fresh Ginger, peeled and sliced into chunks
- 3 Garlic cloves, sliced in half
- 3 Whole star anise
- 2 Whole cloves
- ½ Cinnamon stick
- 10 Peppercorns
- 5 Cups Bone broth or whole30 approved broth
- 12oz cooked, thinly sliced pork sirloin (alternate chicken or beef sirloin)
- ½ Cup Shitake mushrooms, chopped (alternate white or brown mushrooms)
- 1 Cup Bok choy, chopped (alternate kale or spinach)
- ½ Yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ½ Jalapeno, thinly sliced (seeds removed if you don’t like spicy)
- 1 Medium Zucchini, spiralized or julienned
- Cilantro and lime for garnish
- Place ginger, garlic, star anise, cloves, cinnamon stick and peppercorns in large pot with a splash of broth and cook over medium heat until fragrant about 3-5 minutes. Add remaining broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Thinly slice your pork or protein of choice (unless you have some already cooked). I seasoned mine with a little salt, pepper and ground ginger.
- Strain the broth removing all the spices and return broth to medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, bok choy, onion and jalapeno and cook for about 10-20 minutes until veggies are soft and flavours develop.
- Spiralize or julienne your zucchini and place into serving bowls.
- Ladle soup into bowls over “zoodles” and top with fresh cilantro and lime. Optional add some bean sprouts too!
Hope you enjoy as much as I did. I had leftovers for lunch!
And another protein truffle recipe for you because it’s Christmas week aka truffle week 😂 Today’s truffles are chocolate mint! Because chocolate and mint are bomb .com ✌
Chocolate Mint Protein Truffles
•1/2 cup sunbutter or nut/seed butter of choice
•1/3 cup LeanFit Protein Chocolate whey
•1/3 cup ground flax seed
•3 Medjool dates
•1Tbsp VitaFiber IMO syrup or maple syrup/honey
•2 Tbsp cocoa powder
•1/2 tsp pure mint extract
Process all ingredients in food processor. Form balls with hands. Drizzle with chocolate if desired. Yield 12.
It’s that time of the year again to make truffles! These are super simple to make. They are also vegan, grain and gluten free!
Gingerbread Protein Truffles
•1/2 cup peanut butter or nut/seed butter of choice
•1/3 cup LeanFit Protein CompleteGreen protein powder
•1/3 cup ground flax seeds
•3 Medjool dates
•1 tsp ginger
•1/2 tsp cinnamon
•1/2 tsp nutmeg
•1/4 tsp cloves
Process all ingredients in food processor, scraping sides down as needed until you get crumbly dough that sticks together. Roll into tablespoon sized balls. Yield 14 balls. I also rolled in cocoa powder and hemp hearts.