I’m always looking for a healthier alternative to sugar loaded recipes! After much research I came up with this yummy recipe using VitaFiber syrup and very little sugar. It’s loaded with dietary fiber instead of sugar! Be sure to get your hands on this yummy fiber goodness here.
Yield: 4-6 servings
- ½ cup VitaFiber syrup
- ¼ cup Xylitol (can use any granulated sugar)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- 4 Chicken breasts (appx. 6oz each), tenderized and cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-½ bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple, chunks
- In a small saucepan over high heat whisk all sauce ingredients except the arrowroot powder and water and bring to a boil.
- Whisk together arrowroot powder and cold water and add to the sauce ingredients, reduce heat and let thicken (should take about 1-2 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pound chicken with mallet and cut into chunks, season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat, add chicken and cook for about 5-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Add the bell pepper, onion and pineapple cooking until just tender.
- Add sauce ingredients to chicken and stir until combined. Serve with rice.