I always try to come up with healthier versions of sweet treats around Valentine’s Day as it is a big one for chocolate! My new found love for tahini is in sweet treats! It’s pretty tasty and way cheaper than nut butters. You can sub any nut or seed butter in this recipe with the same results. I added LeanFit protein for extra protein and VitaFiber to make it sugar free and a fiber boost! Recipe as follows:
Raspberry Tahini Cups
•¾ Cup dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
•1 tsp coconut oil
Yield 10 mini cups. I use a silicone liner but paper cups will work as well.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil over double boiler until fully melted.
- Using a small spoon coat muffin cups on bottom and bring up edges using the back of the spoon, place in freezer to harden. Remove from freezer after about 10mins or until chocolate is hardened and add second coat of chocolate to walls of liners and place back in freezer.
- Start your filling by mashing all ingredients together until combined, if your mixture is a little hard, place bowl over warmed water (from double boiler) to melt the coconut oil and tahini together better.
- Remove cups from freezer and portion filling into each cup coming almost all the way to the top and then top each cup with remaining chocolate and spread until covered (sprinkle freeze dried raspberries on top if desired). Place back in freezer to harden.
- Store in fridge (2 weeks) or freezer (6-12 months).
*Note: To get powdered raspberries I took freeze dried raspberries and pulsed them in my coffee grinder until I got a fine powder. I used this to
stir in and sprinkle on top of cups. You can also stir in nuts or chocolate chips if desired.