It took me a couple tries to get this recipe right but I eventually got it. I’ve used both maple syrup and VitaFiber syrup and they both come out with the same result. I always use LeanFit protein in my recipes; you can purchase it at Costco or on Amazon. These peanut butter squares are a true Delight packed with healthy fats, carbs, fiber, protein and of course chocolate! Recipe as follows ⏬
Chocolate PB Protein Squares
• ¾ cup oat flour
• ½ cup almond flour
• 2 Scoops LeanFit Vanilla 100% Whey Naturals
• ¼ tsp cinnamon
• Dash salt
• ¾ cup peanut butter
• 3 Tbsp VitaFiber syrup or maple syrup
• ¼ cup coconut oil
• 3 Tbsp almond milk
• 1 tsp vanilla
• ¼ cup chocolate chips
• 100g dark chocolate
• 2 Tbsp peanut butter
• 1 Tbsp coconut oil
1. Mix the oat flour, almond flour, whey, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
2. In saucepan over medium heat melt together peanut butter, syrup, coconut oil, almond milk and vanilla; heat until warm and mash/stir together until smooth.
3. Add peanut butter mixture to oat mixture; fold together with spatula until well combined, place in fridge to cool if still warm then fold in the chocolate chips. (If your mixture is too crumbly and doesn’t stick together like a dough then add 1 Tbsp. of milk at time to get a dough like texture).
4. Line loaf pan with parchment paper and press the mixture into pan. Place in refrigerator for an at least half hour.
5. Melt the topping ingredients over double boiler, stir together until smooth then pour over cooled base, place back in fridge for another hour. Slice into 24 squares. Store in fridge.