Gingerbread Protein Donuts
• ½ Cup oat flour
• 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
• 2 Tbsp. granulated sweetener of choice (I used coconut sugar)
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• ¼ tsp ground ginger
• ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
• ¼ tsp ground cloves
• 1 Scoop (34g) vanilla plant-based protein powder (I use LeanFit Organic CompleteGreens)
• 1 Egg
• ½ Cup unsweetened almond milk
• 1 Tbsp. applesauce
• 2 Tbsp molasses
• 1 scoop (31g) vanilla whey protein powder (I use LeanFit)
• ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
• 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
• ¼ tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 325ºF and lightly grease donut pan. Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl until well combined. In separate bowl whisk together wet ingredients until well combined. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk together until well incorporated. Using piping bag or Ziploc bag with corner cut, pipe batter into prepared donut pan. Bake for 10-14 minutes until donuts are firm. Let cool and prepare icing ingredients. Once donuts are cooled apply icing and sprinkles if desired.
Looking for the perfect healthy cookie that even your children will love? Look no further, these cookies are melt in your mouth deliciousness! My friends 5yr old kept wanting more!
Ginger Protein Cookies
• 1½ cups oat flour (finely ground oats)
• ¾ cup LeanFit CompleteGreens protein powder (about 3 scoops)
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 2 tsp. ground ginger
• ½ tsp. cinnamon
• ½ tsp. allspice
• ½ tsp. pink Himalayan salt
• ½ cup coconut oil, melted
• ¼ cup un-sulphured molasses
• ⅔ cup coconut sugar
• 1 large egg, room temperature
• 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
• Granulated sugar for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In large bowl sift together flour, protein powder, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, allspice and salt; set aside.
3. In medium bowl mix together coconut oil, molasses and coconut sugar with hand mixer until smooth. Whisk in egg and beat until fluffy (make sure egg is at room temperature or your coconut oil will clump). Fold in grated ginger.
4. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients until well combined.
5. Using small cookie scoop or tablespoon portion cookie dough and roll into balls with your hands, roll in sugar and place onto parchment paper spacing about 1½ inches apart from each other, gently press dough down with your hands or the bottom of a cup.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 6-8 minutes. Let cool slightly on pan before removing to cool further on wire rack.
7. Yield 30.