At just 99 calories per muffin, these chocolaty muffins are the perfect healthy snack!
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PROTEIN MUFFINS
Yield 12-14 muffins
•1 cup Gluten Free Only Oats Oat Flour
•2 scoops LeanFit Chocolate whey naturals
•1/3 cup cacao powder
•¼ tsp salt
•½ tsp cinnamon
•1 tsp baking powder
•½ cup VitaFiber syrup *see below for subs
•½ cup 2% Greek yogurt
•1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
•1 tsp pure vanilla extract
•¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
•1/3 cup Lily’s Sugar Free dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line or grease 12 muffin tin.
2. Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Beat eggs, syrup, Greek yogurt, applesauce, vanilla and almond milk in separate bowl.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and fold everything together. Be careful not to over stir the batter (If to dry add 1-2 tablespoons of milk if needed).
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Evenly divide the batter among muffin tin (I got 14 muffins). If desired, add chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
7. Bake between 15 to 20 minutes, or until you can pierce the muffin with a
toothpick and it comes out clean.
8. Let cool on wire rack.
Calories: 99 | Fat: 3g | Carb: 12g (Fiber 4.1g / Sugar 1.2g) | Protein 7g
*Can substitute maple syrup, honey or any sticky sweetener in place. A granulated sugar could be used but you may need more liquid, adjust accordingly.