This pie is to die for! It’s also vegan and gluten free! I was just going to make the mousse but decided to do a pie instead, you can use this recipe just for the mousse or make a pie as well. I will have both recipes for the mousse and the crust.
- 2Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2C nuts of choice (i used 1/2 almonds 1/2 walnuts)
- 1/2C coconut
- 12-15 pitted dates
Blend nuts and coconut in food processor until small bits, add cocoa and dates, blend until processed and press into 8″ pie pan (I used a spring form pan). That’s it!
- 12.5oz firm or silken tofu (I used firm for a more firmer mousse, use silken for smooth mousse)
- 1tsp cocoa powder
- 7oz dark chocolate of choice (I used 85% dark cocoa lindt bar and some vegan chocolate chips)
- 1tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3-4Tbsp unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1Tbsp maple syrup or agave (optional – i omitted)
Break up chocolate bars and melt in double boiler or if you prefer microwave (don’t recommend – zaps nutrients). Pour all ingredients into food processor and blend until really smooth. Pour into your pie crust or keep it crustless if desired. Refrigerate until chilled, it will get firmer the longer it sits. Melted frozen raspberries or strawberries would be a delicious topping! Enjoy.
Nutritional info with crust (8 servings)
Calories:245 Carbs:19g Fat:16g Protein:7g
You could make 16 servings and halve this info ♥