Cranberries are my favourite this time of year. I always make homemade cranberry sauce but wanted something different and what a better way to incorporate these tart berries into a loaf.
Recipe as follows>
- 1-½C spelt flour
- 1/3C Xylitol or raw sugar of choice
- 1/4C applesauce or 1 ripe banana smashed
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3/4C milk of choice (I use u/s almond milk)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1C Cranberries (I used fresh but frozen would work – blueberries would be yummy too)
Preheat oven to 350º. Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl and mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Add wet to dry ingredients until well incorporated, fold in berries. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
If you would like you can use many alterations to this recipe instead of spelt flour you could use oat or whole wheat flour, any raw sugar will work or maple syrup/honey, you can switch up the berries, use a flax egg replacer to make it vegan, use any type of oil and your choice of milk. Feel free to experiment! Hope you enjoy, I sure did!