So instead of making a ton of unhealthy baking I decided to make some healthy chocolate for my family and friends for Christmas treats.
Serves 6+ I doubled the recipe and used a large baking sheet to spread. Recipe as follows:
•1C coconut oil (coconut butter will work as well)
•1C cocoa powder
•1/2C agave or maple syrup
•1tsp pure vanilla extract
▶Optional: chopped nuts, coconut, chopped candy canes, other extracts (I used 1/8tsp mint extract and organic candy canes).
•Melt coconut oil in double boiler over medium heat. (Do not use microwave – zaps nutrients)
•When oil is melted, remove from heat and add cocoa powder, agave, vanilla and other flavor extracts. Whisk until all ingredients well combined. Make sure no water splashes in at this point-it will get mealy.
•Pour the chocolate into parchment lined dish or molds, add optional nuts/candy canes and place in the fridge to harden. Once hardened cut into bars.
Melt in your mouth deliciousness♡
This pie is to die for! It’s also vegan and gluten free! I was just going to make the mousse but decided to do a pie instead, you can use this recipe just for the mousse or make a pie as well. I will have both recipes for the mousse and the crust.
- 2Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2C nuts of choice (i used 1/2 almonds 1/2 walnuts)
- 1/2C coconut
- 12-15 pitted dates
Blend nuts and coconut in food processor until small bits, add cocoa and dates, blend until processed and press into 8″ pie pan (I used a spring form pan). That’s it!
- 12.5oz firm or silken tofu (I used firm for a more firmer mousse, use silken for smooth mousse)
- 1tsp cocoa powder
- 7oz dark chocolate of choice (I used 85% dark cocoa lindt bar and some vegan chocolate chips)
- 1tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3-4Tbsp unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1Tbsp maple syrup or agave (optional – i omitted)
Break up chocolate bars and melt in double boiler or if you prefer microwave (don’t recommend – zaps nutrients). Pour all ingredients into food processor and blend until really smooth. Pour into your pie crust or keep it crustless if desired. Refrigerate until chilled, it will get firmer the longer it sits. Melted frozen raspberries or strawberries would be a delicious topping! Enjoy.
Nutritional info with crust (8 servings)
Calories:245 Carbs:19g Fat:16g Protein:7g
You could make 16 servings and halve this info ♥
These are by far the best chicken nuggets I have ever had! This recipe is a must try. Prepare the BBQ sauce first.
- 1 Pound ground chicken
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 cup almond flour (or preferred flour)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In bowl combine 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 cup coconut and salt & pepper, mix to combine.
- In separate bowl combine the ground chicken, 1/2 cup flour, onion powder, garlic powder, egg yolk and salt & pepper. Mix well until everything is incorporated.
- In sauté pan, melt coconut oil on medium heat. Take about 2Tbsp work of chicken mixture and form into a nugget and then coat with the coconut and almond mixture. Repeat with remaining chicken. You should make about 15-18 chicken nuggets..
- In small batches place nuggets into heated coconut oil and cook on each side for about 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer nuggets to a parchment lined bake pan and place in oven for 4-5 minutes to allow chicken to cook through. Repeat with remaining nuggets.
“BBQ” Sauce Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 sm. 156ml can organic tomato paste
- 4Tbsp shallots, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2tsp mustard powder
- 1/2tsp paprika
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/4tsp pepper
- 1Tbsp coconut oil
- Heat coconut oil in sauté pan over medium heat.
- Place minced shallots and garlic in sauce pan until soft.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool if desired.
Duplicated many times more 👇🏽👇🏽
👇🏽While on Keto
Cranberries are my favourite this time of year. I always make homemade cranberry sauce but wanted something different and what a better way to incorporate these tart berries into a loaf.
Recipe as follows>
- 1-½C spelt flour
- 1/3C Xylitol or raw sugar of choice
- 1/4C applesauce or 1 ripe banana smashed
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3/4C milk of choice (I use u/s almond milk)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1C Cranberries (I used fresh but frozen would work – blueberries would be yummy too)
Preheat oven to 350º. Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl and mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Add wet to dry ingredients until well incorporated, fold in berries. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
If you would like you can use many alterations to this recipe instead of spelt flour you could use oat or whole wheat flour, any raw sugar will work or maple syrup/honey, you can switch up the berries, use a flax egg replacer to make it vegan, use any type of oil and your choice of milk. Feel free to experiment! Hope you enjoy, I sure did!